Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

1.06.2006

Too much to do, but not feeling well enough to do it. I have a nice size sheet of paper with things written down on it that I'm supposed to get done today, but I'm really not feeling any better. We're having some friends over for supper tonight, friends that have never been to our house before, and I really don't want them to get the impression that I'm a slob or a packrat, so I have to double up on the ibuprofen today and get the house clean. I did some of the BIG cleaning yesterday, I just need to put away some cluttery things and touch up a few things. When I first woke up around 6:30 this morning, which has been a new thing for me this week for some unexplained reason, I was there in bed, feeling no pain. I swallowed, still no pain. I even felt of my neck with my hand and applied a little pressure. No pain then either. Was it true? Had this mysterious neck pain just vanished overnight? I sat up in bed. NOPE! Still there. I almost wanted to say that the pain wasn't as severe as it had been, but once I got good and awake, I realized it wasn't much different at all. I even started feeling a slight twinge of pain on the right side, too. I might just be taking a trip to the doctor next week, after I get Travis' dentist appointment out of the way. (You know, we just have this magical money tree growing in our backyard.) Which reminds me, Travis is NOT taking too well to the whole idea of going to the dentist for the first time. As soon as I even told him that I was on the phone making him a dentist appointment, he began crying hysterically, "I don't want to go to the dentist!!! WWWAAAAHHHH!" He's never been before, and he's 4 & 1/2 so it's like TIME, so next Monday morning is going to be not fun at all. Another thing about this whole visit, Medicaid does not cover preventative dental visits at any pediatric dentist within several counties around here. I could take him to a REGULAR dentist, yes, all the way down in Senatobia, but I think Travis might do better at a pediatric dentist....those places are just more kid-friendly. What really gets me, I found out that Medicaid will cover a pediatric dental visit if it's for SURGERY reasons. Like, okay, so yeah, Medicaid will not cover PREVENTATIVE treatment, but instead they will wait until the kids' teeth rot out and do major surgery? HELLO! If they would just cover the preventative stuff to begin with (much cheaper!), they wouldn't have as many surgeries to pay for! Oh, I forgot, that makes too much sense. Medicaid's sole purpose is to be the author of confusion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home