Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

1.30.2006

Today is just a gorgeous day, but a little windy. What is the deal with the wind anyway? We headed outside to pay the electric bill, and the plan was to go to the park afterwards and go for a walk out on the nature trail (which by the way, the park in Horn Lake has THE best walking trail), and it felt so nice outside, where we could go without jackets, just long sleeves. As soon as we got to the park though, here came the wind, which was a little cold on the ears, brought forth runny noses, and made me wish I had brought jackets for all of us. We walked the whole length of the trail, which is a very good workout with all the hilly places, but I didn't let the kids play on the playground for that long because I really don't want to spend tomorrow at the doctor. While I was sitting on one of the benches, a black 90's model Suburban pulled up in the parking lot and out came what appeared to be 3 families of Mexicans! I kid you not, 3 adults and about 9 kids piled out of the vehicle, one of the moms being with child. Travis enjoyed playing "house" with them, and also several rounds of tag. Travis is such an outgoing kid in most social situations, and he almost never meets a stranger, which leads me to believe he will do great in school next year. He is super smart, and he's writing most of his letters and in the beginning stages of reading. Even though we had pulled him out of school, I was able to get his workbooks and I work with him at home, which I think has actually been better for him because he doesn't get bored going at the pace all the other students were going. As a matter of fact, we've been doing 2, sometimes 3 lessons a day. I am able to throw in some more challenging things that he wouldn't have gotten otherwise at school, and I think that will really help him when he starts Kindergarten at Shadow Oaks this fall. So anyway, after we left the park, we stopped at Sonic for some drinks, which from 2 to 4 they have their own "Happy Hour" where you can get half price drinks. Travis' favorite is Ocean Water, which he has always referred to as "blue Coke", and my favorite is their raspberry iced tea. I drained a large in about 3 minutes flat. It has to be the best drink on the planet, or at least my favorite on the planet. I suppose I must go figure out something for supper because that's always the million dollar question this time of day: "What's for supper?" One question before I go though, WHERE is January??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home