Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

1.14.2006

Sometimes I ask myself this question...why did God see fit to give me such GOOD KIDS? Even as wee little newborns, they never cried unless they were hungry, and once fed with a bottle, they were content as could be, just to lie in their crib, playpen, bouncer, etc., and just BE, at least while I did whatever I needed to get done. I guess it all goes back to the saying that God doesn't give you more than you can handle, and man, God sure knew what He was doing because I cannot handle a crying baby that doesn't have a quick fix! I am babysitting my niece's new baby girl, Abigail, and nothing I do seems to soothe her. I fed her about an hour and a half ago, I just changed her, she doesn't want her pacifier, she's not feverish like she's getting sick or anything like that. In all honesty, I think she's just darn sleepy. The little thing finally fussed herself to sleep, to which I was SHOCKED, and relieved. Normally she just keeps on fussing or just lies there awake without fussing just as long as you hold her, but I have 2 other little kids and a million other things to do, and I can't just sit and hold a baby for 4 hours while her Mom and Dad are out riding 4-wheelers. And then while Travis was watching Spiderman 2, it came to the part where Doc Ock crashes through the little bistro where Peter Parker and Mary Jane are, and it was so freaking loud and it WOKE HER UP! I actually believe my own children could sleep through a tornado, or maybe a small bomb going off, but no, one little boom on the TV, which by the way was NOT even turned up that loud, and she's awake again, crying, and WON'T STOP! I know, I'm such a MEAN AUNT! I don't mean to sound like WHATEVER, I'm just not a big fan of having my pleasant, comfy, Saturday afternoon turned upside down. I was blessed (and spoiled) with really, really well-tempered babies. I didn't have PLANS, per se, but I did have plans to do nothing. I can't say no to babysitting her, like ever, though for the one GOOD reason that me & Abigail's mommy now trade off babysitting time, which means we don't have to pay her anymore, and she's always willing to keep our kids. I guess I'm just coming off as a big jerk or something, I mean, I AM an experienced Mom, so I should be able to handle it, but I apparently didn't take the Crying Certification class when I earned my Bachelor's Degree in Motherhood! I bet no one that reads this will ever ask me to babysit their kids until their kids are 12 and fully self-sufficient.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home