Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

1.05.2006

So I'm not up QUITE so early this morning, but Jacob was. He crawled into our bed, already occupied by Michael, Travis and myself, around 6:30 this morning. Somehow I forgot to mention in my blog that Jacob is now in a "big boy bed", AKA toddler bed. He got one of those car beds for Christmas, and he LOVES it. Initially, Michael and I were worried that it would be a fight to get him to stay in his bed and go to sleep, but he LOVES it! He calls it a "Go Bed" (in his vocabulary, a car is a "go"), and when I say it's bed time, he hops right under the covers, hugs his Tigger, and goes right to sleep and stays there all night. Such a big boy!! The next leap from babyhood will be potty training. I'm almost not going to know what to do with myself, not buying diapers anymore. We've been buying diapers going on 5 years now. For a short time, we were buying diapers for 2...little bitty diapers for Jacob and Pull-Ups for Travis. Our goal was to have Travis pretty much fully trained by his 3rd birthday, which we reached that goal. Hard to believe he hasn't had to wear a diaper in almost 2 years!! I guess if I want to meet that same goal with Jacob though, I need to get started like YESTERDAY because his 3rd birthday is in June, less than 5 months away! It's just so hard, and somewhat frustrating, getting started. It seems to take forever to get them to go on the potty for the very first time. Once that happens, the training process goes really fast, because they realize they did something that mommy & daddy's proud of, and it doesn't hurt to throw in a little incentive, like say, a cookie for every time they use the potty. I guess now it's off to doing laundry and tax stuff. Such fun! TTFN!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home