Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

1.04.2006

I haven't done this in awhile...blogging twice in one day. It sort of feels good in a way.

I did some research on the internet about my neck/throat pain. BIG MISTAKE! Now I'm freaked out and REALLY wish I could go to the doctor. There is this thing in one's neck...we actually have 4 of them...called a parathyroid or something? And if you have a diseased one, it can cause high blood pressure and kidney stones! Like, I have BOTH those things. The doctors have never been able to figure out why I'm only 25 and have high BP. Well DUH! Maybe that's why? Other symptoms of this disease include tiredness and grouchiness. Some patients with this disease don't ever experience symptoms, but once they have this thing removed, these patients report feeling much better in general. If this pain doesn't subside by next week, I am seriously thinking about printing out the info I dug up and taking it to my doctor to read. I mean, I have to find a way to go to the doctor, right? I can't just like die from a tumor in my neck, ya know? Part of me wants to just brush this off and think that the pain and tenderness is just from some sinus drainage, but the other part of me keeps thinking about those symptoms I read about. For now, I will just keep living on ibuprofen. And doing A LOT of praying.

I was able to get out by myself for a little bit yesterday and do some shopping. I had an Old Navy gift card to spend, as well as one from Kohl's. I bought some cute clothes that look GREAT with my brown cowboy boots and my tall black spikey boots that Michael got me for Christmas. :-) I got some neat beaded jewelry, too. I'm really very much into the vintage look. I found a great steal at Old Navy. I've always been wanting one of those velvet jackets...you can dress them up or down, and they had some on their clearance rack. I picked one up that was my size, but there was no tag on it, so I took it up to the register along with my other stuff, and it rang up for $4.88, and it was regularly priced $38!!! Cha-ching! I must say though, the jewelry sale at Kohl's was quite confusing. They had these little SALE signs everywhere that said "Buy 1 namebrand jewelry and get 1 half off". And then there were some other little signs that said "Buy 2, get 1 free". Well the thing is, the brands were all so mixed up, and I was just going through there picking out what I liked and what went with my new outfits, and I thought to myself, "This is all namebrand jewelry, so maybe it's all buy 1, get 1 half off." Wrong! I got to the register, and I only ended up getting 1 item half off, and everything else I had to pay the full price for! I ended up putting a bracelet back, and just got 2 necklaces, and 3 earrings. I also bought a new black purse. I know, I have a million purses, but I had not bought a new black purse since 2001?? And black purses go with pretty much everything. At the register, the purse was not ringing up at the sale price (30% off), so I had to wait for someone to go check on it and call up to the register, all the while holding up the customers waiting in line. But you know, they should get their prices right in the register, dang it! All in all, I got some really cute tops, and Michael was highly impressed, mostly by the silky, lacy camis I picked up. :-)

Just wondering, but what is UP with our weather? Today I took the kids to the park. The PARK on January 4! The sun was shining and it felt pretty nice, but about 2 minutes after I unloaded the kids at the park, the sun went behind the clouds and the wind started blowing, so we really didn't get to stay for long in fear of the kids getting sick.

One last thing before I go...

Words to live by: "When your day is going like that, just hang up and start over." ~Michael

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home