Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

1.10.2006

How you know it's time to lose weight: You go shopping and 2 different people in 2 different stores refer to your being pregnant.

Yes, really stupid people saying really stupid things have finally pushed me over the edge, and I have to do something about it. It is SO HARD to start a weight loss program, but I've just got to buckle down and do it. I just HAVE to. Even if it means my husband has to move in with his Mother for awhile so I don't have to watch him eat whatever the heck he wants while I go on starvation, and so he doesn't have to put up with my witchiness. Trust me. When I can't eat what I want, and I get hungry? I am NOT a pleasant person to be around. So the first incident happened in JCPenney. A 50-something lady pushing her mother (I assume?) in a wheelchair asked me in passing how close in age my 2 boys are, and looked SO SHOCKED that I was having another one. Incident #2, we were leaving Kirkland's, my hands were full, and I was trying to get myself and both boys out the door without them running out the door and into the street. Some 30-something man held the door open for me and chuckled as he said, "Yeah, like you really need to have another one." In all honesty, I do NOT look pregnant, I'm just fat and I have a little bit of a pooch, and the shirt I chose to wear yesterday only accentuated said pooch. You know, one of those empire waist, hippy looking tops that sort of gather underneath the chest area, and then flares out? It's a really pretty shirt, aqua colored, with lots of beading at the neckline. But even Michael said he could see why some folks would assume I was pregnant because of the style shirt. Note to self: Don't wear maternity-looking shirt again. At least not until I have the words screenprinted across the front of it: "I'm not pregnant, I'm just fat!"

In other news, I have some stuff listed on Ebay, if anyone wants to check it out. Mostly some of my clothes, a few DVDs, and some Mississippi State stuff. I plan listing more stuff soon, so check back often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home