Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

8.22.2005

I think that about the time I start typing this, Michael will walk through the door. He got home a little late because he had to make a bank deposit for his Mom, and then I had to send him to the store for aluminum foil and something else I needed to make supper, that I didn't know I was out of and/or needed for the supper I had planned. The difficult, challenging thing about being a Mom...No matter how hard I try to plan everything out, have everything set out, everything organized and in order, there will always be SOMETHING to throw everything out of order somewhere along the line. I actually had the kids' clothes and my clothes ironed and ready for tomorrow, and the plan was to get supper ready so when Michael came in the door at 5:30, we could eat, clean up the kitchen, play with the kids a little while, get them bathed and in the bed, and have some very-much-needed "us" time. But instead, we're about an hour and a half behind schedule, even though I planned ahead and got everything organized way ahead of time. I am very quickly learning (which I should have realized this long ago), that there is no such thing as being ahead of the game when you're a mother!

In other news, Travis likes school. The Sunday to Monday transition is a bit hard, being that we're at church all day and don't get home 'til late, but we're adjusting okay. It's also kind of hard for me getting used to 5 a.m. wake-up call vs. 8 am or 8:30 am or just whenever I feel like getting up wake-up calls. The only problem Travis is having at SCHOOL is he doesn't like to color. Yes, there are actually kids that don't like to color...who knew? It was funny because the teacher told me that he was complaining that his hand was tired and he couldn't color...well, he was showing her his LEFT hand...he's right-handed...lol. It was bad, but funny!

There's a lot more to blog about right now, but I will have to cut this short for now! Michael just got back with the needed supper items! I will TRY to continue with the school saga tomorrow. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home