Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

2.02.2005

Last night we went to see "Million Dollar Baby". To be honest, I went on Michael's recommendation only, as I had no desire to see a "boxing movie". But he was persistent in reminding me "It's not just a boxing movie...it's a drama." Okay, so I took his word for it and I went. Besides, it's not like I had anything else to do. Let me put it to you this way, it was moving...it's one of those movies that will stick in your mind for days to come...and Morgan Freeman narrating the whole movie, well, that just MADE the movie. I can't give much away about the movie, especially the ending, but NONE of the reviews Michael read even came close to hinting how this movie might end, so Michael was baffled. If Clint Eastwood, Morgan Freeman and Hilary Swank do not win Oscars for this movie, I will be truly shocked. In short, GO SEE IT.

Now for my own personal "family friendly" ratings:

The movie is rated R, for boxing violence, and some bad language. There is one "F" word in the whole movie, and one "D" word (no, not the other word for darn), but the only other bad words are the "H" word and the "D" word that's the other word for darn, and those were few and far between. And I think the "A" word might have popped up twice. There is no nudity, no sex scenes. No, I wouldn't take my little kids to see this, but I still feel like I should forewarn in case any of the above might disturb you. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home