Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

11.03.2004

We still don't know anything. This morning I'm going to need two cups of coffee instead of one. I finally fell asleep last night watching the news, and thought surely something would be decided this morning. No such luck. I am so groggy this morning, and I woke up from the weirdest dream just a minute ago. Something about me, my mom, and one of her teacher friends in an old run-down parking lot at night, racing in shopping carts. And then some weirdos in funky Halloween costumes approached us. At first they seemed friendly, even though they had toy guns. Well, I said they were toy guns, but one of them shot me in the neck with what he called a "lungquilizer". I immediately started feeling dizzy and I asked him "What's a lungquilizer?" to which he replied, "What does it sound like?" and I said "A tranquilizer?" and he said "Yes, but for the lungs." So I guess that meant I was going to stop breathing and die. Then I fell into my Mom's arms and I woke up. Simply weird!

The pictures I've seen of John Kerry fretting this thing...it's just funny. Different news networks are calling some different states that others aren't calling yet. According to NBC, they've called Ohio, but that only gives Bush 269 EV. If Kerry somehow won all the other states, it would still be considered a "tie" and the decision would go to Congress, which that means Bush would still more than likely win because the Republicans rule the House and the Senate now. Anyway, these are the standings right now:

Bush - 269 Electoral Votes
Kerry - 238 Electoral Votes

The states still not called:

New Hampshire - 4 EV
Wisconsin - 10 EV
Iowa - 7 EV
New Mexico - 5 EV
Nevada - 5 EV

Kerry isn't going down without a fight though with the votes in Ohio. They still have to count the "provisional" votes and argue over which "provisional" votes can be counted. Some people are already declaring Bush as President for another four years, but it ain't over 'til the fat lady sings. Hopefully it won't be as long and drawn out as the last election though. Hopefully next time I write something here, I'll be able to declare a President for sure. Hopefully.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home