Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

11.29.2004

Warning: What you're about to read is the mother of all rants.

I'm upset, steaming mad, pissed off royaly, even.

Let me start off by saying that I'm having a really difficult time understand why my mother has no time for me and my kids, but always manages to make time for my sister's kids. Over the weekend, she took THEM to the movies, she took THEM to Burger King, THEY spent the night at her house. Does she ever come get Travis to spend time with him? No. Travis has spent the night at my parents' house a grand total of TWO times since he was born into existence. She has kept Jacob about zero times. One of those times Travis spent the night at her house was when we had to take Jacob to the emergency room back in April, and the OTHER time was when two of my sister's kids were spending the night and I happened to overhear my Mom talking to my sister about it and I sort of invited Travis myself. I have a few theories, okay, ONE theory as to why this is, but I've not ever voiced it to her.

Not that you ever read this or ever will, but Mom, I know my kids are little "Baptist babies", but they're still your grandchildren. And I'm still your daughter. The few rare times I do tell Travis "We're going to Meemaw's house", or "Meemaw's coming over later," Travis says, "I don't want Meemaw, I want Mamaw (Michael's Mom)." And today...you were supposed to come by this afternoon, and instead you sent Dad, which I fully enjoyed my visit with him...I hope he'll start coming by more often, especially since he's about to retire soon, but when I told Travis you were coming over today, he actually got excited, and then you didn't come. When Dad was here, he was going to ask you if you "had time" to come by after school, and apparently you didn't.

And something else, on Thanksgiving, you said you were tired of having to be the one that we have to "fit in" on the holidays with all the other family we have to see. I love you, Mom, and I want to spend more time with you, but I have a husband with family and they actually want to see my kids and makes time for them. WE feel like the ones that have to be "fit in" with YOUR busy life of grading papers.

It's really sad when you hold Jacob, and he looks at you the same way he looks at a stranger. Or the way Travis doesn't come running to the door in excitement when you do actually come over. Katie's kids know who you are and talk about wanting to see you all the time, but my kids never do. All they talk about is their other grandparents. You work right around the corner from my house and could come by any time you want after school, but you're always too tired, too busy to stop by, even for 20 minutes to see us, even once a week, or even once a MONTH. It's simply inexcusable.

I know you're stressed about everything in life, who isn't. And I probably shouldn't say anything to you about any of this, but I am this close to doing so. I'm not just angry, I'm deeply hurt. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you can't make time for your family...ALL of your family, you desperately need a new career. That school, your 100+ students, that principal, none of it is worth sacrificing your FAMILY.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home