Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

11.28.2004

It's been awhile. I have been working my tail off around this house to make Christmas "happen". The Christmas village is set up, little people are waltzing on the fake ice pond, and the fake snow has freshly fallen. It's really pretty...I set it up in my kitchen window this year. Then Friday I did all the outside lights I could do by myself without a ladder. I lined both sides of the driveway with plastic candy canes and strung colored lights on them with little red bows, then strung colored lights on the magnolia tree, and put one of those white spiral trees in front of Travis' window outside, and hung all the wreaths on the door and front windows. I've bought the lights that actually go on the house, but it rained Saturday, the ONLY day Michael has off until TWO WEEKS from now, and it's of course no longer daylight by the time he gets home from work during the week, so Lord only knows when that'll get done. (That's a major gripe that I have that I'll save for later. I'll just say this...why is it that everyone else can get a day off whenever they have "stuff to do", and Michael can't like EVER?) Then last night we searched for a Christmas tree, and after forgetting my purse, and going to 3 places, we found a tree at last. What an experience...this was our first REAL tree. I've always had an ugly, fake tree, simply because my mother always told me what a messy pain a real tree is. But you know what? She was wrong! I mean, once we managed to hammer the stand into the tree trunk, set it up, and vaccum up all the tiny tree needles, it's great! And it smells SO GOOD! It took me 3 hours to decorate last night, but now it's done. There's nowhere to put presents underneath because it's so low to the ground, and I hope I remember to water it, lol, but it's a really nice, fat tree. And we have it up before December! Well, a Christmas movie I wanna watch is on TV, so TTFN!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home