Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

11.02.2004

I finally got the laundry done after two days, and so my household can now rejoice. There are clean towels. Lots of big, soft, fresh smelling towels. I'm really not picky about a lot of things, but one thing I am picky about is how the towels are folded. This is why no one can ever fold my laundry for me. Michael's tried, my mother-in-law has tried (back when I came home from the hospital from having babies. She was trying to help me out.) Everyone's towel folding techniques make me cringe. This is how I do it...I hold the towel under my chin long-ways, fold one side into the middle, fold the other side to overlap the first side just slightly, then fold the whole thing in half, then fold the whole thing in half again. Then when I put the towels away in the linen closet, I make sure the fold edge is showing, not the other edge with the ends showing. Some people prefer instead of folding in half, then in half again, to instead fold both ends into each other, overlapping. Which that's acceptable, too. What I CANNOT STAND is for someone to take a towel, fold it in half, then in half, and then in half again. One other thing I do with towels, which Michael calls very "Monica", is I alternate the wash cloth and towel colors. For example, I have one stack of towels that are cranberry and forrest green, which alternate cranberry, forrest green, cranberry, forrest green, etc, etc. Same thing with the wash cloths and hand towels. Then I have some jumbo towels...two white ones, one bright yellow, one forrest green, one royal blue. Those are stacked royal blue, white, forrest green, white, yellow. Then I have another stack of wash cloths that are sage green, grey, white, sage green, grey, white. I honestly don't know why I CARE what order they are in or how the linen closet looks when I open it. Maybe it's the Matha Stewart in me (yeah, right). In the kids' bathroom on the shelf there are pale yellow, baby blue, pale yellow, baby blue wash cloths. I'm such a weird, I know. My MOM...now SHE gets on my nerves with the wash cloths. Instead of folding them, she rolls them. She rolls each one to where the tag is rolled first so it doesn't stick out, then sticks them down in a basket. This might be cute and decorative, but takes a lot more time. As if arranging mine by colors isn't time consuming.

Okay, seriously, there's something wrong with me. Did I just spend a whole blog entry writing about towels?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home