Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

11.13.2004

I almost don't believe I'm actually sitting down. I have been running for the past 2 days straight, and tomorrow doesn't look much different. I am more tired tonight than I've been in years, and I'm extremely cranky. The bed is calling my name, so this is a brief update:

1. Went to the Memphis v. Southern Miss game Friday night. It was freezing cold and we wore like 4 layers of clothes. We won 30-26. Win #6 for the season means we're going bowling for the 2nd year in a row. If we go to the Mobile Bowl, we won't get to go because it's on a Wednesday. Pooey.

2. After the game, we put out garage sale signs in the neighborhood. THIS was at like 12:45 a.m. Saturday. In the freezing cold. Finally got to bed at 1 a.m. THANKFULLY I had set most everything up and organized it inside the garage Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, or the garage sale WOULD NOT have happened.

3. Got up at 6:45 a.m. to get dressed, wake up, drink coffee, do finishing touches on garage sale junk, and wait for Terri to get here. (She and I had a sale "together", meaning she brought all the stuff she wanted to sell over here and set up her stuff.) We opened the doors between 7:30 & 7:45. We had the most awesome garage sale. At least the best one I've ever been a part of. Between the two of us, we raked in over $400. Not a bad day's work. I sold a lot of baby stuff it made me nearly cry to get rid of. We decided to end the day around 2:30'ish I think...I wasn't looking at the clock. It took us forever to box up everything that didn't sell, even though we got rid of TONS of stuff!! We were letting things go for dirt cheap...I sold all of the big baby stuff, like the swing, basinette, etc., for $10 a piece, and a baby crib mattress for $5. Baby clothes went for 50 cents each piece. The one thing that I couldn't believe didn't go were all the baby shoes. Usually that's one of the FIRST things to get sucked up.

4. After we wrapped things up, I took a bath, then we went to eat Mexican (my treat), then went to Walmart to get some things for "Old Fashioned Sunday" tomorrow. We all dress westerny for church. (Westerny...that's a new word.) We also picked up a few grocery items.

5. Came home and I put together my Sunday School lesson for tomorrow, did a few loads of laundry, put together my "outfit" for tomorrow, started another load of laundry, and I think that's it.

TOMORROW is going to be extremely busy with teaching Sunday School and doing the church music, plus we have a guest preacher coming in.

I don't know about everyone else, but I, for one, am looking forward to MONDAY!!! This was a little longer than I'd planned, so I must ska-do into my bed. Goodnight and sweet dreams!

P.S. I found out two interest, twisted, messed up pieces of information today. My head is still spinning too much to sort it out right now. I might go into it at a later date.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home