Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

11.24.2004

Here's an oxymoron: "Drink responsibly." Somebody tell me again how those two words can go in the same sentence??

So tomorrow's Thanksgiving! 2004 is zipping by so fast, I think I heard it whistling through the crack in the window a minute ago. Oh wait...that's the cold, November wind. Imagine that...it's actually cold in the South...in November! Maybe we'll get to catch a smidgen of the Macy's parade in the morning while getting ready to head over to my Mom's. She made me my favorite as usual...pumpkin pie. What would I ever do without my Mom's punkin pies? Or her baked beans? Sausage balls? Pistachio salad? Heaven help us all! And instead of a traditional turkey, we're having deer...yes, deer. My Dad is a big time hunter...he has a nice little collection of deer heads he just moved out of his office to the house (since he's retiring the end of the year). My Mom's really lovin' THAT....not!!! She HATES having the feeling that she's being watched constantly by a herd of bucks. So anyway, he uses a special marinade...strips of deer tenderloin soak in all these spices for several days...and then he cooks them on the grill. It is the most awesome thing you've ever had. We plan on starting our feast at Noon, and then we have to be at Michael's parents' house at 2 for yet another feast. There are going to be soooo many people over there though, I'm not sure if we'd even be missed if we aren't there, lol.

I've started getting out the Christmas decorations, and so far, everything looks awesome. The mantle's decorated with garland, lights, my porcelain snowman collection, big pretty burgundy bows, stockings are hung, my kitchen table is decorated, coffee table, computer desk, top of the piano, even the bathroom. Basically all of my decorations are set out. We have to go get a tree though, and I plan on setting up my Christmas village this year. Oh yeah, and then we still have to decorate the outside of the house. Although it may sound that I've decorated hardly nothing at all, I've set out a LOT of decorations. You have to remember, I have an entire closet devoted to Christmas stuff, plus several tubs of it stored in the attic. So much to do, so much to do, but starting Friday, I'll have plenty of time to get started.

I must give Jacob a bath now and then get in the tub myself! TTFN! Hope everyone has a wonderful, happy & safe Thanksgiving! Try not to eat too much!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home