Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

10.01.2004

WOW..it actually DID save it as a draft, so all's well that ends well. Ignore the post above this one.

I am at my parent's house right now, and I just finished cleaning, except I haven't dusted the living room yet. I cleaned both bathrooms, vaccumed the whole house, emtpy trash cans, swept & mopped the kitchen, then stopped to eat lunch and feed the kids, and now I'm here. Extra money is good. Extra money is very good. Jacob is asleep in the playpen and Travis won't leave the back of the computer chair alone. And I'm sort of depressed. Depressed about what used to be my bedroom. It's been converted into a office, almost ever since I moved out, but there were still some things that were the same, like, the carpet, the wall colors, the ceiling fan. Even the computer that was in there was the same computer I spent my high school years on. NOW...the floor is no longer carpeted...it's wood. The ceiling fan is gone. The walls are still the same, but now there's all this brand new expensive office furniture in there. The computer screen is probably twice as big (it's a flat screen) than the old one. The room resembles MY room none whatsoever. It almost seems heartless. Like why is it that my sister's old room has remained a bedroom, and my old room is now an office? Man, if those walls could talk, they'd have a pretty interesting story to tell. There are somethings I wish never had to change. What's worse is my parents keep talking on and off about selling this house and moving, maybe getting some land somewhere down in Mississippi and building a house on it. Then I couldn't come back here at all. This is where I was brought home from the hospital and was raised. How many moments did I take for granted all those years? Practically every one of them. I thought I'd be young and innocent forever. I was wrong.

We have a busy, busy weekend ahead of us. After I change clothes, get the kids' clothes changed and leave here, I am meeting Michael up at his work, and then we're heading over to the U of M Homecoming parade and the Pep Rally will be to follow. Then tomorrow morning we have to get up rather early for a Saturday because we are following my Dad out to his workplace (Tennessee Air National Guard) for some big to-do they're having to dedicate the new airplanes...C-5's...them jokers are gi-normous!! If you've ever seen one fly over, you know it takes up most of the sky and casts a huge shadow on the ground below. Travis is going to love seeing all that. They are also supposed to have some other fun stuff for the kids. The main reason we have to leave so early and follow my Dad out there is because we can't get in on our own for security reasons. (I think my Dad wants us to go so he can show off the grandkids :-) )

So after THAT, we are heading to the Liberty Bowl for the Homecoming game against Houston, kickoff is at 1 p.m. Oddly enough, Houston is who the Tigers were playing LAST year the day I started my blog. I'm just hoping we will have the same winning results as last year.

After THAT, if the kids aren't totally zonked, which more than likely they WILL be, we plan on going to the Fair, (which is like right there AT the Liberty Bowl), since Fair admission is FREE with our game ticket stubs.

In other news, yesterday afternoon I was able to fill out my financial aid stuff online, and I am supposed to hear something on that within 4 weeks. I TRIED to print out the Northwest Admission Application, and I only had ONE piece of paper left, which my printer ATE when I tried to print it, and so I have to buy some more printer paper before I can print it, fill it out and mail it in. I registered for a PIN so I could electronically sign my FAFSA form, but I received an e-mail today stating that they were unable to process my request because my Social Security # does not match the data the SSA has on file. Which is true. I never did change my SS card when I got married. Actually, I filled out all the paperwork some time ago and never took it in. So now I'm going to have to get THAT taken care of, too, which I needed to do anyway. I just hope I can find my marriage license. It is the ONLY identifying document I possess that has both my old last name and new last name on it. Why does everything have to have so many obstacles? Why can't I just fill out a dang form, send it in, and get a reply in a few weeks? One of the phrases I find myself using quite often: "You can't get there from here!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home