Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

10.19.2004

This is National Blogger Ate My Last Post Month. Grrrrrrr.

So anyway, as I was SAYING....

Some people take sports far too seriously. On the Yankees/Red Sox game right now, they just now put cops in riot gear all over the place "just in case."

Something totally unexpected happened tonight. I got a guitar. Not just any guitar...a FENDER. After attempting to help Michael learn to play his guitar, I decided I wanted to learn. Michael was so super excited about the thoughts of me playing guitar that he made the declaration that he intends to buy me one for Christmas. At first I was like "Nah, I dunno...." I mean, I guess I thought maybe piano was enough for me, but then again, I guess I really have always wanted to learn to play guitar. I can tune a guitar, I am good at rhythms, I know when to change chords in a song. I just don't KNOW chords on a guitar! Michael's guitar that he bought a couple years ago and never did anything with until now is a left handed guitar, so I obviously need my own to learn. Well, tonight when we picked up the kids from my inlaws' house (they went over there for awhile tonight while I helped Michael get ready for his algebra midterm), Michael mentioned something to his Mom that I want to learn guitar and he's going to buy me one, and she just so happened to have one in a closet somewhere. It happened to be a guitar she had bought for Michael years and years ago that he never learned how to play. It's actually a right handed guitar, but the strings were flipped around so a left handed person could learn it. Michael's going to have some new strings put on it tomorrow for me, and then I'll be on my way! Just like that, I said "I wish I had a guitar" and POOF, now I have one! And with a case!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home