Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

10.20.2004

The election is coming up, and guess what? I can't vote. You want to know why? Well, the last Presidential election, we were living in Southaven. Since then, we have moved to the next city over, Horn Lake. In the same county, in the same state, heck some people think Southaven and Horn Lake are the same, lol, but since I didn't re-register, and I've missed the deadline for Mississippi registration, I can't vote. What's really funny is Michael changed his registration LAST YEAR and never said one word to me about it. Like, a "Honey, be sure you go change your voter registration" would have been nice. He says he "might have" mentioned it to me and I didn't "show any interest" at the time, but sorry, dear...nice try...I do not have Male Selective Hearing Syndrome. I've been wondering for like the last month if I could just show up to the fire station here in Horn Lake where Michael said we're supposed to go vote now, (which he voted for Governor, and I didn't, and never knew he voted until a friend of mine like a month later said "Hey, I saw your husband at the Horn Lake Fire Station the other day," to which I replied "MY Michael? At the Horn Lake Fire Station?), and so I just went to rockthevote.com to learn that yes, if you move, you have to change your registration info to vote. Well, Michael honey, I'm not saying it's YOUR FAULT...ignorance is no excuse...it's my fault for being ignorant and procrastinating looking into it. But...it'd be nice to be looked after every great once in awhile. I had even mentioned it to him several times..."I wonder where we go vote now?" and he said "I don't know, maybe the fire station." Not one time did he trigger my brain by saying "By the way, did you change your voter registration? I did."

GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home