Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

9.18.2004

We scratched the Southaven football game idea last night and just stayed home and played out in the yard for awhile.

I've been posting on here a little more lately, I guess in hopes of maybe reaching post #400 on October 18, my blog's 1st birthday. Sounds weird, but it is a goal, nevertheless.

I had some really WEIRD dreams last night. Over on this Tigers message board I read, everyone is witching about the basketball season tickets they got at the new FedEx Forum, complaining that they were told to up their donation from the year before, or move to the upper deck. Some of them folks just don't realize that some of us would LOVE just to be able to afford season tickets, would love to be in their shoes. Anyway, in this dream, they made a new rule that ANYONE that wanted to purchase basketball season tickets COULD as long as they could pass an "entrance exam" and be in the Top 6,000 scorers. So lots of people stood in late to wait their turn to go into a room where this exam would be proctored, by a very mean, moody lady, I might add. Interestingly enough, each group didn't take very long to take their test and get out, so we quickly got in, sat down in a school desk, and got handed a multiple page test, stapled together on yellow paper. These questions were like REALLY HARD! I don't know what I was expecting, but one of the questions was "Multiply 18,982 x 687, WITHOUT actually writing it out...do it in your head." Hmmm...I think I'll have to come back to that one. I was tempted to cheat and write it out anyway. I am one of those that still has to count 9+7 on my fingers, lol. The next test question was about ancient Greek history. Every question was totally unrelated to the previous, and finally I got really frustrated and blurted out loud "What?? You can't possibly expect us to know these answers!" to which the mean test lady replied "If you aren't smart enough, you don't deserve season tickets." So we (me and Michael) left our blank test papers on the desk, and stormed out of there. On our way back to our car, we walked past John Calipari's office...not that we've ever been to his office or know what it looks like...and Michael said "Hey, let's stop by for a minute and talk to the Coach," and I said "I think I'll just wait out in the car, but you go on in." About 10 or so minutes later, Michael and Coach Calipari walked outside toward the car, and Coach said "Well Michael, thanks for coming by and asking some questions about the program," and then he waved at me, "Oh hey! I remember seeing you at some games last year!" and then I woke up.

The other dream was more like scary. In this dream, I was getting ready to travel to a road game, and my boyfriend (where the heck was Michael in this dream? I wasn't even married!) called me up to say he couldn't give me a ride, but some of his guy friends could pick me up. Well, these guy friends got there in an old pick-up truck, and they looked pretty scary and rough, if you ask me, and I was quite nervous about riding anywhere with them. Well, we got to our tailgating location, it was about a 30-minute drive from my house, and it was night time (I guess we were setting up the night before the game). There was a BUNCH of these rough looking guys there, and two really trampy looking girls...they must have thought I was pretty nerdy looking. Everybody started drinking, and they offered me something, and I drank it...it was Coke and whisky...WHISKY? YUCK! I mean, I've never actually tasted whisky in my life, or any other alcoholic drink for that matter, but this stuff tasted like some really nasty, strong cough medicine. I was getting really scared of these people, and I told the guy that drove the truck, "Hey, I forgot some stuff back at the house. You think you could take me back there?" and he was reluctant at first, but then said "okay". I told him I forgot my cell phone and a blanket and a few other things. Well oddly enough, by the time we got back to Southaven (I was still living at my parents' house), daylight was breaking. We missed the Goodman Road exit, and so we took the Stateline Rd. exit. What's really weird is the Stateline Rd. McDonald's was still there (it was actually torn down some time ago) and I pointed out some elderly couple walking in, and I said "Hey, just drop me off here! That's my grandparents!" (I lied). "I'll just get them to give me a ride back to the game." So he dropped me off in front of the McDonald's, I went in, sat down to the table with these old people I didn't even know,was relieved to be away from those rough dudes, and woke up.

I guess I need to get off here and go dry my hair and start getting things together for the trip to Jonesboro today. GOOOO TIGERS!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home