Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

9.27.2004

This will be my 2nd quote of the week, to make up for all the weeks I haven't had quotes:

"Batista has got muscles in places where Randy Orton hasn't even got places." ~Jerry Lawler, on Monday Night Raw. Jerry Lawler has the best quotes.

You know what I figured out? It is IMPOSSIBLE to step foot into Walmart without seeing at least...AT LEAST...one person that you know from somewhere. I had to do some major stocking up on EVERYTHING, so I made the weekly Walmart trip (the little Walmart in Horn Lake) and I walked past this one girl twice that I went to high school with, and she just kinda looked at me like maybe she recognized me, but then didn't say anything. I always hate that. People from high school don't recognize me. NO, I'm not the same 120 lbs. I was in 12th grade, but still! I still have the same face, same hair color (almost the same). I'm just fatter. So is almost everyone else I went to school with, including this girl that I saw. Big deal. Then I saw a girl I used to go to church with at Bethel. She had her two kids with her and we chatted for a minute.

I am wanting to write a song, but just haven't quite got it all in my head yet. Maybe if tomorrow is less hectic than today (fat chance) and I get a few quiet moments to myself (even fatter chance) I will get something down on paper. I have said this before, and I'll say it again...I wish I had a way of getting the music down on paper for the songs I've already "written". I don't read music, therefore I can't write music, so basically, if something were to happen to me, my music would be lost forever. When I write a song, I usually either A) Have some sort of melody in my head and write the words to go with it, and then figure out all the chords, or B) Write out all the words and then figure out the melody part later. The first song of mine that I performed in church, I had the musical part in my head first, sat down to the piano and played it, and then the words just came, like they just fell out of my brain and onto the paper and I had a song. That was on a Monday and that same Wednesday night I performed it in church. This was a few weeks before Easter and it happened to be an "Easter song", so our Pastor asked me to sing it again on Easter Sunday morning. Then not even a week later, I wrote another song and ended up singing it in church the following week. I wrote a couple others after that, but they just didn't come together or something, and so I have never sang them. I just have the lyrics typed out and in my binder with the rest of my music. So far, this is my list for the songs I have sang in church, and the list is slowly growing:

Solos:
"When the Stone Was Rolled Away" (one I wrote)
"He Is Always On Time" (another one I wrote)
"Without the Blood" (this was actually my very first solo to sing in church)
"Touch Me Again" (Michael says this is my "signature song")
"America Come Home" (I did this on the 4th of July, but it can be done any time)
"I Give You Freedom"
"My Jesus I Love Thee" (this is actually a hymn)
"Heaven, Can You Imagine?" (This is by the Rochesters, a very awesome Gospel bluegrass group)
"God Has Been So Good To Me"

The only one of those I didn't accompany myself on the piano was "My Jesus I Love Thee"...the rest I played and sang.

Duets:
"God Hath Provided Himself A Lamb" (another Rochesters song)
"But For the Blood"
"Day By Day" (this is a hymn)
"Who Am I?"

Ladies' Group:
"Sweeter As The Days Go By"
"Come Morning"
"Touring That City"
"Jesus Is Coming Soon"
"Christ Arose"
"Haven of Rest" (Our group sang this one just this past Sunday night)

There are probably more that I just can't remember. These songs do not include the songs I have accompanied other singers on. These are just the songs I have sang in church. I am working on two new solos for me to sing, one is called "The Broken Rose" and the other is called "Green Pastures". I heard both of these songs on some oooooollld tapes by the Williamsons (I doubt anybody's ever heard of them) and I want to learn them. I need some new material.

There was something else I wanted to write about, and it slipped my mind, dang it! Oh well. I am getting sleepy! G'night!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home