Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

9.23.2004

I finished Michael's algebra, so now all I have to do is explain it to him tonight after supper. Oh, is THAT ALL I have to do? Gee.

A hot jacuzzi bath does wonders for headaches, by the way. Yeah, so I'm spoiled since I have a big huge bathtub, but I deserve at least ONE luxury, don't I? If we ever do sell this place, that bathtub is ONE thing I will miss.

I was just thinking about some other stuff I wanted to write about while I was in the tub, but now I can't remember. That is too dorky...I think about my blog in the tub! It was something deep and abstract though, which I don't write enough of. It might scare some people off though, which would be cool, lol. Like, those people that lurk around on here but don't ever make themselves known? Those people need to go away. I wish there was a way that I could SEE who reads this, without them knowing I know. I am such a nerd sometimes. Wait, I'm ALWAYS a nerd...always have been, always will be. I used to be a nerdy band chick that beat on a drum, and now I'm a nerdy mom that bangs on a piano. Some things never change.

Some nights I really don't feel like cooking, especially on nights when I have to spend hours trying to explain stuff I don't really know how to explain. Like, I told Michael that I really don't know WHY on a lot of this algebra stuff...I just know how to get the right answers, and that's all he needs to know. I learned a long, long time ago, that unless you actually need to know what this crap is for, DON'T ask why....just B.S. it and get through it and be done with it. Of course, he really doesn't know how lucky he has it...he has an in-home private tutor, free of charge.

It's really weird...lately I have had more than one person ask me for dating advice. Like, do you really KNOW how long it's been since I went on a date or was part of the dating scene? The truth is, I have NEVER EVER just gone out on a date with someone. Well, okay, maybe once, when I was a freshman and the guy was a senior, and I begged my mom to let me go...she already kinda knew the guy from band, and then we went to the movies and he brought me back home and we never talked much again. My first REAL date where there were like already feelings flying everywhere, was when I was 15, but it was with a guy I'd known since 2nd grade and we'd been pretty good friends since 7th, and had already been "going together" for a couple months, and he'd been over to my house a hundred thousand times, so my parents knew him. And then the other person was the man I married...we had already met in person, talked on the phone, talked online, e-mail each other...all within a week's time like a bazillion times, and by the time we went on our first date a week later, we were already like dead serious about getting married. So no, I really don't know anything about JUST dating. Like, going out to eat with a person, just taking things slow, getting to know the person, no strings attached, no hurt feelings if it doesn't work out....that is something I NEVER got involved in. I wonder if I missed out on something? No way....I don't think I am sorry for missing out on sitting by the phone, wondering if they'd call me back for a 2nd date, or having 1st date after 1st date after 1st date, showing the world the klutz that I am every single time. I almost feel SPOILED that I found the person I'd marry so quickly, and KNOW that was the person I'd marry the first time I ever saw him. It's like, there was no question about it. We met, it was instantaneous and 6 months later we were setting our wedding date, and a year after that, got married. I just didn't want to waste any time. I found the person, so why waste time and wait around for our paths to take different direction? So no, I didn't date around. Did I rob myself of anything? I don't think so. So back to what I was saying, I am really no good at giving dating advice. I can give advice about serious relationships (most of the time), but not just dating. If you are dating someone that you're not serious with, just quit complaining, and move on and find someone else to date. If you are pursuing a serious relationship with that person and want to work it out, just remember...Guys? Girls are mushy, emotional individuals that will cry their eyes out over the stupidest stuff....and Girls? Guys will NOT always buy you roses to smooth things over. It's just a fact of life. Okay, there's my piece of advice for the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home