Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

9.17.2004

Have you ever almost hated yourself for something, especially when you knew you had control over it, but were careless anyway? That is exactly the way I feel right now. One little tiny error can cause a snowball effect and screw things up indefinetly. I got a stupid overdraft fee letter in the mail. I am stupid...I suck royaly at keeping track of the checkbook. All over a $11.27 check for Pizza Hut. A $30 overdraft fee tacked on makes that a very expensive pizza. A $41.27 pizza to be exact. There goes the extra cash I made today, right out the window. Our money is so very tight, there is no room for any mistakes, and I made one. I can get mad at the bank all day long for charging an outrageous fee, but it's really my fault. There, I admitted my mistake. Am I supposed to feel better now? Because I don't. I already lose sleep at night worrying about money and bills, and now this. I'm thankful that for over a year now we've been able to squeak by and pay our mortgage, the car note, and put food on the table, but I am also tired of scraping by to make ends meet, and still failing miserably to the tune of $30 every time I screw up the checkbook. It's not that I made a mathematical error...I had everything exactly right down to the penny. My problem is I FORGOT to write an amount down for a stupid pizza. Where is my brain? I am so dang forgetful sometimes! A lot of moms say that having kids will do that, but that's the worst thing a person can forget. This throws off EVERYTHING on our bank account. I think I need to just slap myself upside the head a few times.

The OTHER thing that makes me mad...

Last night, we went to dinner with a couple from our church. We had all been given some Cracker Barrel gift cards for a total of $40 in gift cards. Well, the problem is that the grand total after tax on the ticket was $54 and some change. (We were really stupid and told them just to put it all on one ticket, actually it was the other guy's idea.) So when it came time to pay, everybody but me went up to the register (I stayed behind at our table because Michael had to get some change so he could come back and leave a tip), and at first, the other couple offered to pay the difference, and then Michael said "Naw, I've got it" and then the other couple said "Okay" and left. WTF?!?! Like, you're supposed to like at least say it one more time "No, I'll pay!" Instead of just "Okay" and then leaving. So we had to pay the $14-something difference AND leave the tip. THEY got the free meal, and WE had to put in almost $20!!! Doesn't really surprise me though...they are sort of infamous for that sort of thing, or so I hear.

I really didn't want my weekend ruined, but it's heading down that road FAST!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home