Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

9.28.2004

Anybody want a cat and 2 dogs? My animals are driving me nuts. First, the cat. She will not leave Travis alone (not that he doesn't leave her alone, but that's besides the point). Travis can be sitting down, playing with his toys or watching a movie, minding his own business, and out of nowhere, with no warning, Kira will jump on him and scratch or bite him! And then I have to catch her and throw her in my bedroom and close the door. It's ridiculous! And now her favorite place to sit is on top of the green recliner, and she waits for people to walk past it (you have to walk behind it to get to the hallway where the kids' rooms and bathroom are) and she swats and she uses her CLAWS. Also, last week she kept getting on the back of the couch, reaching up with her paws and pulling the wreath that hangs on the wall over the couch DOWN, and pieces of flowers fell off of it, all over the floor. She did this probably 2 or 3 times last week. And then (yes, there's more) I have this fake ficus tree that's just inside the front door, next to the TV, and she gets a running start, jumps into the tree, hangs on and pulls it down to the ground, and then hides in the leaves!! If you try to pick the tree up and sit it back where it goes while she's still hiding in it, she will claw at you. Oh yeah, and did I mention she poked two small holes in the green recliner, and one small hole in the back of the couch? Okay, so I guess nobody wants this cat....I didn't do a good job at selling her. I keep saying I'm going to take her to the pound or find her a new home, but then I don't have the heart to do it. But I don't want my stuff torn up either. I'm just waiting on her to shred my curtains throughout the house and the shower curtain in the kids' bathroom, and I'm sure tearing up the blinds has crossed her mind, too.

Now onto the dogs. The dogs are friendly dogs, and they really don't bark a WHOLE lot and disturb the peace. But the problem is, they like to eat nerf footballs, and Travis has somewhat of a large collection of those things, and last night, the dogs distroyed one and left nothing but little foam pieces all over the back yard, and then they ate a big chunk out of another one. Like, that foam nerf stuff can't be that tasty. And these are supposed to be little civilized inside house dogs that became outside dogs because they wouldn't stop peeing on things, and I will not have that in my house!!! I guess they are rebelling for us not letting them inside all the time, but it never fails. I let them inside if a thunderstorm comes up, and the FIRST thing they do is hike their leg and pee on things!! It's definitely a rebellion thing. They've been outside for hours, so they have had plenty of time to take care of business, but instead, they come in and do it in my house and then I have to clean it up. One of the dogs technically isn't OUR dog, and he has done his fair share of damage. He has scratched a big spot on the glass of the back door, AND he scratched and damaged one of the kitchen window screens. They get up in my patio chairs and get mud all over them, and those stupid chair covers are next to impossible to clean. I can't even keep my pillows out on my big swing because they will pee on them and eat them and tear holes in them. I have given up on the idea of ever planting flowers out back because the dogs will dig them up and eat them, too. About a month or so ago, I was cleaning my kitchen windows outside, and I took my cell phone out there in case someone called while I was outside, and I stepped in the house for not even 5 minutes, went back out, my phone was missing from where I'd left it, and I found it all the way over by the fence, in the grass, and the antenna was half chewed off.

So back to my question...anyone want a cat and 2 dogs? You can have them for FREE, PLUS the dog house, dog dishes, cat dish, litter box, cat toys and any left over dog food, cat food, and cat litter we have left...ALL for FREE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home