Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

8.08.2004

My words of wisdom for the week:

Internet Explorer sucks...try Mozilla instead.

Now that I can actually sit down from laundry, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning the bathroom, doing dishes, and getting the kids ready for bed (all after I got home from church!), want to hear what's new in Candyland?

Well, starting tomorrow, my life is over. Well, not really OVER, just will be a bit more tied down to the house than before. Not that I really ever had the money to GO anywhere or DO anything. The lady that interviewed me about babysitting her daughter went really well apparently and she wants to use me as her sitter....starting tomorrow morning. She's a teacher, and teachers have to be signed in at 6:55 a.m. 6:55!! What the heck school starts that dang early? None other than Horn Lake Middle School, which is also the school where my Mom teaches, and she HATES it. I mean, instead of making all the other schools start a few minutes later (bus situation) , they make THEIR school start a few minutes earlier. The busses ALREADY run at the crack of dawn. So anyway, all this means that I'm going to have to put on some really strong coffee at 6 a.m. and she will be dropping off her baby at my place at 6:30 a.m. The really good side to all of this is a) I will be getting paid in the morning, in cash, and b) I will be free from babysitting at 3:30 p.m. instead of like the normal working class folks that work 'til 5:00 p.m. and don't pick up their kids 'til 5:30 or 6:00 p.m. Michael starts back to school next week, too, so I am going to need time to get supper ready and on the table by the time he walks in the door from work so he can eat and run to class and/or I can help him with school work. Our lives are about to become BUSY, BUSY, BUSIER all because of SCHOOL. My mom was kinda sorta disappointed because she lost her house cleaner (me) now that I'll be babysitting, BUT, she made a deal with me, and whenever the baby I'm keeping is sick or whatever other reason I don't keep her, I can come clean her house for extra money. Extra money is always GOOD. Speaking of extra money, over the last several days, money has come flying at us from several different directions. It's about time! I mean, the water bill was like $10 more this month than usual because SOMEBODY (me) left the water hose turned on in the backyard ALL NIGHT LONG while watering one of my baby trees my Dad was so sweet to come plant for me a few weeks ago. And then our car insurance went up $10 more a month, for whatever reason. Michael got $100 for going on a car auction, another $100 for helping repossess a car, and then my Mom called me yesterday afternoon on a whim and asked me to come help her with some school work and cleaning, and gave me $60. $60! All I did was vaccuum her house, sweep off the deck, do some little cut-outs for her classroom bulletin board, folded and hung up a couple loads of laundry, and helped make supper and set the table. NOT a bad day's work, if I do say so myself! Plus we got to stay and eat supper and she gave me the leftovers to take home. And then of course I'll get $70 in the morning for babysitting money. Not bad at all. I guess I better get to sleep really soon. At least tomorrow she's not being dropped off 'til 7:45 a.m., but I still need to get up earlier so I can start getting used to getting up. The last time I ever had to get up at 6:00 a.m. was high school...6 years ago!! Night Night for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home