Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

8.13.2004

Is it just me, or is there almost a chill in the air this morning? Who could even tell that in the same quadrant of the United States that I live in, there's a hurricane going on? Scary stuff...and I know folks that are heading down there as we speak for vacation.

Yesterday after lunch, I put Jacob down for a nap and me & Travis went out back to play and enjoy the BEAUTIFUL day. I laid down on the swing, stared up at the clouds, and I almost felt like I was floating. If I hadn't had to keep an eye on Travis, I would've dozed off probably. We were out there literally ALL afternoon, and somewhere between 2 and 3 p.m., I heard a very familiar, but distant sound. It was a very rhythmic, pulsating boom boom boom, and then the wind blew just right, the sound became a little louder, and I recognized the sound immediately. It was a drum line...the Horn Lake High drumline I assume, and they were warming up. And then I started feeling nostalgic...:::sniff:::..."I used to do that!"....:::sniff:::...."I miss that!" And then I did the math in my head and realized it's been 10 years....10 YEARS...since I started my freshman year in the marching band. It just doesn't even seem that long ago!! Band was such an important part of my life during high school, and high school in itself is a huge part of one's life, so I almost catch myself saying "Yeah, I'm a drummer...I play snare drum..." But it's been like 6 years since I touched a snare drum. Those were the days......

I'm not jobless...I called my Mom yesterday and she said I could still be her house cleaner, so that means I get to go over there today and clean to make $50, which is always a good thing. $50 for 4 hours of cleaning vs. $70 for 40 hours of keeping a screaming baby at my house....a very good trade-off.

Then tonight we are going to Collierville for a couples' activity with our church. Then we're going to eat Mexican, so that should be fun. Today should be a good day. But if you're stuck at home tonight, be sure to catch the first night of the Summer Olympics.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home