Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

7.02.2004

You know what really amazes me more than ANYTHING? My parents raised me to have certain standards of living, i.e., not to ever miss church when the doors are open, and what do my parents do? They try to talk me into missing one night of the Revival at our church to come to their 4th of July party that they had to reschedule to Monday due to a death in the family. The party was originally scheduled for Saturday evening, and some distant great aunt died and they postponed the party to Monday so that they could help drive my grandparents to the visitation and funeral. Well, I promise you that my parents would not BUDGE on their church to come to something WE were having, but you know, that would be perfectly understandable and I wouldn't protest. My Dad asked me if we could miss it while I was at their house this afternoon, and then my Mom called me after I got home to "run it by me again". And I still said NO, I stood my ground, and just because of that, I know that the Revival is going to be even BETTER than it would've been had this not come up. The devil throws all kinds of stumbling blocks out there, and I resisted, so God's really going to have something for me NOW. Thanks, Mom and Dad. No, I meant that sincerely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home