Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

7.28.2004

Well I thought I might get to sleep in this morning since Travis went to Mamaw's to spend the night last night, but NOT!  I dragged out of bed around 7:30 this morning to run to the bathroom, just KNOWING I was going to get to go right back to bed and sleep for another hour or so.  WRONG!  Jacob started screaming, like a "Mommy, I'm in pain" scream.  Normally the boy sleeps 'til like 10 a.m., so I had to hurry it up in the bathroom to go check and see what was wrong with him, and he was wide awake.  I picked him up and in a matter of like 30 seconds, he was fine.  So I put him in the bed with us and we talked for a few minutes...he said "Boo" and "Da-Da" over and over, while drooling all over the place.  So it was kind of sweet.  Okay, so it was really sweet.  My babies are growing up at the speed of light it seems, and every little moment like that with one or both of my boys is precious to me.  I am so very thankful that I've been able to be home with them over the last year.  There's just so many things I feel like I missed out on the first two years of Travis' life, and I'm getting to soak it all in now with Jacob.  And now I am working on breaking Jacob from his bottle.  He's only had one bottle over the last week and a half, and it's kind of bittersweet.  It's a triumphant thing to get your baby off the bottle, but it's sad too, because little by little, there goes more of his babyhood.  And the bottle is a huge part of babyhood.  Bottle feeding is kind of a sweet time to spend together.  Of course, the last month or so it was more like "GIMME MY BOTTLE" and he'd snatch it from me and hold it himself, lol, but still.  My J-bug is growing up.  :(  I guess that means I'll just have to have another one :)

Jacob finally starts his physical therapy today.  Actually he has two different people that come out.  One lady, I call her the "teacher lady", comes out to work with him on cognitive skills (whatever cognitive means) and fine motor skills.  Since the time they did his evaluation back in May, he was improved from an 8-10 month level to a 10-12 month level, and last week when the "teacher lady" came for the first time, she was extremely pleased with his improvement, and that improvement came with no therapy.  The other lady that will be coming out is the physical therapist, which will help Jacob with walking, crawling, etc.  The thing about it is, when we took Jacob to the Neurologist back in May, he wasn't even able to SIT UP on his own, and NOW, not only is he sitting up on his own, he's crawling, and also standing up.  In like 2-3 months time, he has improved that much, and before the therapy even started.  He's supposed to go BACK to the Neurologist on August 4, and the doctor was assuming he'd already have had a couple months of therapy underway by then, but he's improved so much on his own that I'm kind of hoping the Neurologist will just say that he doesn't need therapy any more.  But at the same token, if he needs to continue it, that's fine.  It's a free service, and just maybe it will help him even get AHEAD. 

The "teacher lady" comes at 12 today, and then the physical therapist at 2, and I have a bazillion things to do beforehand, so later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home