Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

7.17.2004

I had the funniest dream last night, although when I woke up from it, I was glad that it wasn't for real. I was back in high school, and it was homecoming, except we were having the homecoming court and the selection of the queen indoors. A huge elevated structure had been built so that each homecoming maid had her own "step" to perch herself on. It was decorated with tiny white flowers, kind of like a float for a parade. Well, they had the 3 princesses sitting in metal chairs down on the floor. Kinda cheap...the maids get the pedastool, and the princesses get metal chairs. Well, *I*...yes, nerdy, band nerd, geek child that I was in high school, I somehow got enough nominations or whatever to be one of the princesses, which meant I was in the running to be chosen as Homecoming Queen. I was wearing a flowing, poofy, white lacy gown, and a long veil...it was more like a wedding dress, well, it WAS a wedding dress. So then it came time to announce the Homecoming Queen, and it wasn't me. But then the person at the microphone asked me to come up and make a speech, too. Well I got all nervous, I got up to the microphone, and it was as my lips were frozen in a pooched out shape, like I was about to give someone a funny smooch. Then I was uncontrollably drooling, so I reached down and found a cheap napkin that was from a fast food restaurant, and wiped my mouth off. I started talking into the microphone, which I was holding in my hand, and I said "Well it's a good thing I didn't win," and everyone in the audience chuckled, and then I looked down and there was a mouse underneath the podium, and I screamed into the microphone, the microphone squealed, and then I got myself back together, and then I began to sing a song...a song that I would normally sing in CHURCH, and then all of the sudden my Pastor's wife was there beside me, and she was pulling the microphone down so that I wouldn't be holding it so close to my mouth. Then she finally pulled it out of my hand and began singing something herself, quietly, so I began my speech. I don't remember what all I was saying, but then some older man walked passed me and said "Just tell them congratulations and good luck next year and be done with it", so I did, and then I added "You are all beautiful!" and then I stepped down. After that, I sat down in my metal chair again and started bawling from embarassment. Afterwards there was a reception in the gym, long white tables set up all over the place, and different people came up to me and they were like "Girl? What happened up there?" and I was kind of laughing it off like "There was a mouse, and I lost it..." Then there was some other part after that about a phone conversation with Dorothy, but that part is really fuzzy and vague, and then I woke up. So I supposed that dream makes up for me not having any really weird ones in a while, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home