Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

6.04.2004

You know,I was having a good day. Keyword: was. The party went really well last night...nothing got broken or spilled, and I maintained my sanity. Jacob was adorable...he crammed so much chocolate cake in his mouth, and then he wanted more and more.) So I was sitting here this morning, minding my own business, editing and organizing some pictures on my computer, and then I decided to stop ignoring the kids and take Travis out to play in his new water sprinkler frog toy he got last night. Well, I went out back to see if I could hook it up without a problem...after figuring out I had to sit the frog on a flat surface to operate properly, things were good. Well, I decided to take the patio umbrella back outside (it had been put away in the garage because we thought it was going to storm the other night), so I went out to the garage to get it, came back through the house with it, it leaked water all over me and all over the floor, I finally got out the back door with it, and wouldn't you know the dogs ran in the house. So I was outside trying to raise the umbrella and the darn thing got stuck a little less than halfway up. Apparently the mechanism that raises and lowers the umbrella got rusted out...piece of crap. So I finally got tired of trying, and came back in to get the kids to take them outside, and lo and behold, the front door was WIDE OPEN. Jacob was about to roll out the door, and Sparky and Travis just stood there looking at me, and I realized the Little Bear was missing out of the bunch. I asked Travis "Where's Little Bear?" and he replied "Outside." Great...just freaking great. So I ran outside to see if I could spot him down the street, but I couldn't see him. So I left the kids in the house screaming and crying, and walked up the street a ways to look for him somemore. Some neighbors a few houses down told me they saw him dart off across the park. REALLY GREAT!! There was no way I could just leave my kids in the house by themselves any longer to go hunt down a dumb dog, so I just said "Fine, he's gone...whatever...if he's that stupid to run off like that, then sobeit." So I came back in the house, called Michael to tell him the bad news and wait to get yelled at for it, and as I was sitting there talking, I saw Little Bear out in the driveway just standing there looking around, not even trying to get in or anything, so I opened the door and he came in. So all is well that ends well, right?

Anyway, Jacob got some birthday money, so tonight we're going shoe shopping for him and grabbing something to eat while we're out, so I guess I better go iron our my crazy hair, and kill a cat while I'm at it...she won't leave my ankles ALONE!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home