Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

6.02.2004

Today I took Travis & Jacob to their playdate this afternoon at my friend, Angie's house. Both her kids, Jeron and Melodie, are close to the same ages as my two kids...we were both pregnant both times at the same time. We had lunch, the kids played, we talked for awhile, and we had a good time.

This evening it sure kept looking like it was going to storm something awful, but it never did...it went right on around us. The sky looked really freaky to the north and west. I was actually kind of hoping for some heavy rain and some thunder. Storms generally freak me out, but it's sort of cool to sit here and watch it move in over the radar.

In other news, tomorrow is Jacob's birthday. I can hardly believe that it's been a year since he came into the world. It just doesn't even seem possible. This time last year, I was getting ready to go to the hospital. I was feeling extremely nervous, but probably not nearly as nervous as I was awaiting the arrival of my first baby boy. Needless to say, I'm glad that it's a year later, because I really don't want to go through all that drama again, at least not for awhile. We kind of go back and forth on the issue of having more kids...sometimes we say we're content with our two, but then we always say that somewhere down the road we want to try for another baby in hopes of getting a girl...but we all know that the likelihood of getting a girl is slim to none.

So anyway, in preparation for Jacob's party, not that I've done much of THAT yet, I had charged up the video camera battery overnight last night, only to discover this evening that apparently the battery is no good because even though it had been charging nearly 24 hours, it only held enough power to make the power on the camera bleep on for like half a second and go dead again. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, but with the same result. So then I called my Dad to ask him if he still has his video camera, you know, because lately he's gotten all high tech with his fancy schmancy digital camera, and he may have gotten rid of his NORMAL old-fashioned video camera, lol. He said he'd find it, charge it up, and bring it, so PHEW. Also, I thought I had some leftover balloons from Travis' party last year, but I can't find them, so that means yet another trip to the dollar store. Whoopeee! But hey, my baby boy is worth it. :-) I can't wait to see him dig into his chocolate cake tomorrow. But before the cake attack can take place, tomorrow's agenda includes cleaning the house, decorating, cooking, ordering a chik-fil-a platter, running to the store to pick up a few last minute items, picking up the chik-fil-a platter, and picking up the cake. CALGON, TAKE ME AWAY!!!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home