Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

6.28.2004

Over the past week I've had all kinds of things I wanted to blog about, but every time I tried to get on here, the internet wouldn't work, I had to reboot, and by then, a diaper needed changing or a drier was buzzing or SOMETHING, so maybe NOW I can get something down.

Ain't it weird how you have a dream that jumbles up everything you did the day before and everything that even crossed your thoughts? I had one of those dreams last night, and I'd write about it, but it's just too jumbled up and complexed to get it all out. I will say it involved my parents' house, my sister-in-law, my kids, an ex boyfriend, Jennifer Aniston, and Tori Spelling. I TOLD you it was weird!

In other news, we are flat broke, so I'm biting the bullet and selling my Friends DVDs AGAIN for $25 each on Ebay. I am selling Seasons 1, 2, 3 and 4...actually Season 3 already sold, so 1, 2 & 4 are still there. If you are interested, go to Ebay User ID Booberry617. If you are here local, I will make other arrangements to get it to you to save you the shipping charge. I am in need of the money to pay for Travis' birthday stuff because all the money we have in the bank now is to pay our house note, and once the groceries run out, I'm not even sure what we're going to do about that. God always provides our needs though, so I'm not worried really. I just need the extra cash for Travis' birthday. If you buy all 3, I'll knock off like $5 off the total price or something. Yeah, we are strapped for cash.

Church was really good yesterday, which it always is. We started up our married couples class AGAIN and our revival starts next week. There are some changes going on in the music department, too...the other piano player decided she didn't want that responsibility anymore since her husband is getting into evangelism and they have such a sporadic schedule now, plus she has pretty much said all along that she doesn't like playing piano very much. But there is another lady that's been visiting our church for quite some time now that wants to help out, so that's really good. It's just a matter of getting used to playing with someone else all over again. The Pastor asked me to talk to her a little bit last night, so I did, and she seemed very willing to help out, and then she told me she played off and on for her previous church for 17 years...YIKES! And then she told me she SINGS,and I was like "You mean to tell me you have been sitting on this back row all this time with all this talent, and there's piddly little me up there, and you haven't said anything?" LOL. She went on to say that she doesn't play anything special, and I said "Yeeeahh, they ALL say that." LOL. I am very glad there is someone else to help out, although at the same time, if I am the only one we have, then I can handle that too. I just don't want anyone to think that I am being selfish with it...if someone else has the desire and the need to do something for God, then that is wonderful. I also don't want anyone to think that I do what I do is for show. It is really hard to be humble when someone comes up to me and compliments my piano playing, but I just say "thank you" and "It's just God giving me the ability to do it." When Dorothy left almost a year ago, I stepped up to the plate and said "Lord, I am willing, just give me what I need." And He did. It was truly one of the hardest things I ever did...to not know how I could ever get up there and play for a church, but then do it anyway and just allow God to use me. But once I did it, I am happier now than I have ever been.

Totally unrelated to the above, here's one final thought. I find it quite ironic that TWO of my ex-boyfriends are getting married within one week of each other. Too weird.

It's time to go back to being mom and to rest my twisted messed up ankle. Wait, what's wrong with those two thoughts being in the same sentence? There IS no being mom and resting of anything at the same time, lol. And I didn't even write about how I hurt my ankle yesterday...maybe later.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home