Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

6.01.2004

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention the storm that took place Sunday night. I KNEW I was forgetting SOMETHING...

Anyway, the folks we met up with in Pigeon Forge during vacation called us Saturday to see if we wanted to get together with them Sunday night after church to go eat Mexican. They said they'd call us Sunday night when they got through, and they said it'd be around 8 when they'd be out of church. Well, it was about 8:15 and they hadn't called yet, so we went ahead and loaded up the kids because we knew the rain was coming and we wanted to get them loaded up before the bottom fell out. Well just as we were walking out the door, Michael's cell phone rang, and it was them...very good timing. So we got to the restaurant, which is right down the road from us, and sat down to a table, all 8 of us (they have 2 kids, we have 2 kids), and starting munching on some chips, we ordered our food, got our food, started eating our food, and I could've sworn I kept hearing a siren. You know, like the ones that rotate that get louder as they are sounding off in your direction, and then get softer as they sound off in the opposite direction? Well, I kept hearing that sound, but then thought I was imagining things. When we got through eating, we invited them over to our house for a little bit, and it was POURING down rain, so we loaded up the kids the best we could, and then by the time we got to our house, it was raining 10 times harder than that, and REALLY bad lightning. Well if you've ever been to my house in the rain, the front porch is like Niagra Falls because we don't have gutters yet. All of us got drenched and I had to give out towels to everyone to dry off and then change the kids' clothes and my own clothes. So yesterday afternoon I was talking to my sister on the phone and she mentioned something about having the kids in the bath tub the night before during the storm and she said sirens were going off, and I asked her if DeSoto County was under a tornado warning Sunday night around 9-ish, and she said there WAS. I KNEW I was hearing sirens!! What is freaky/funny is that there we all are chowing down on Mexican food, and there's a freaking tornado somewhere nearby, and we didn't even know it. Tornados are less scary when you don't even know there is one, because had I known about it, I would've been freaking out. Oh well, at least we had fun playing in the rain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home