Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

6.17.2004

Anyone know what today is? I'll give you 3 guesses...and I'll give you a few hints. It's not my birthday, it's not my kids' birthdays, it's not anybody's birthday in my family. Give up? It's our anniversary...4 years, to be exact! If someone had told me on my wedding day that 4 years later I would be up at 8 a.m. watching Barney with 2 boys of my own, I would have laughed. Things definitely have not gone according to plan (whose life ever does?), but I can honestly say that I am far more happy with God's plans for me than I would be going with my own plans for me.

And I will say this...marriage is like a fine wine...it gets better with age. I used to have the total opposite outlook on marriage, before I got married. I thought the first year would be total paradise and then it would all go downhill from there. In actuality, it's quite the opposite. The first year was, well, you know, and a lot of that is contributed to the fact that the longer you are married, the more you learn about each other. When Michael and I dated, we were together almost every single day for the year and a half we dated. But you don't REALLY learn about that person until you live together. Which then comes the stupid argument about living together prior to marriage, and most of you know I disagree with THAT. But don't get me started on that again.

So tonight the kids are going to Mamaw's, and Michael is taking me somewhere to eat. He says next year for our 5th anniversary we'll do something extra special. This year we're just too POOR. 2 of my nephew's birthdays are this month, Jacob's birthday, Michael's mom's birthday, one of Michael's sister's bithday, Father's Day, our anniversary, and then the first part of July is Travis' birthday, Michael's Dad's birthday, and another nephew's birthday. It's a huge strain on our budget just to buy everyone a card and a cheap $10 gift. But then if you don't buy people stuff, certain unnamed people get their feelings all hurt and so in return they stop buying you presents, even though they have money flowing out the ears. But if you buy each of the above named people JUST a $10 gift and a card, assuming a card costs $3.00, and you get your gift bags at the dollar store for $1 each, that is spending $154. Now, I am going to spend well over $10 each for my kids' birthdays, plus decorations, plus food, plus cake and ice cream for their parties, so where is this money going to magically come from?

Okay, enough complaining. There is plenty to be thankful for...and eveything always works out.

Now I must go get my husband a card!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home