Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

5.03.2004

Can you believe it's already May? I can't.

I did some much-needed house cleaning today...besides the usual making the beds, and picking up of toys, I vaccumed all the floors with carpet, swept and mopped all the floors with tile, dusted the living room, cleaned both bathrooms, did laundry, did dishes, made/ate lunch and fed kids, put Jacob down for a nap, and hoping Travis will fall asleep watching one of his favorite movies, "Cats & Dogs", and thought I'd sit down to scratch something down here right quick while I wait for my tub to fill up. Ah, yes, the much anticipated long awaited bath that I enjoy most afternoons while the kids nap. I am just hoping, praying, crossing fingers, etc., that the door bell doesn't ring, because if it does, I am 99.9% positive that it's my neighbor from down the street. Not ONLY does she show up at REALLY BAD times, she has a habit of bashing my beliefs and convictions, telling my kids what to do and what not to do, and overstaying her welcome. Sometimes I want to tell her to get the #$%^ out of my house and don't come back again, but I'm too nice I guess. How else do you say ithat it's time for her to leave? "Well it's time for Travis to go lay down and take a nap." Or "Michael will be home soon and I need to get supper started." How else do you say it??? She's just a wee bit too "neighborly" for me. Mr. Rogers wasn't THAT bad!!! You can count on me not answering the door if it's her!!!

My bath is ready, but one more thing before I go...Thursday is the last night of Friends EVER. This means that all Friends lovers across America will now have to get a life on Thursday nights. What a shame! I am seriously going to have a Kleenex fest when Thursday night gets here. I remember that when they showed the episode where Ross is marrying Emily and he says the wrong name, I actually took an "extended" lunch break (really supper, but we called it lunch break) and went home to watch it. I wasn't even SUPPOSED to be LEAVING the store for lunch break AT ALL, but I asked another lady in the store to man my station while I "ran home for lunch", and then the next day I got chewed out by the boss lady, but it was only my first offense, so I didn't get fired. And then after me and Michael got married, he had this preconception that Friends was a stupid show, and he couldn't understand why I liked it, but then just as if the show was a sponge, it sucked him right in, and he's already told me that Thursday night he WILL be skipping class. At least we'll still have reruns to watch, right? But they won't be THERE for us anymore! :(

The bath tub is calling me. I must soak now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home