Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

5.15.2004

Boy, I'm confused. We went to this wedding last night, and boy was it a HUGE WEDDING. It went ON AND ON AND ON, lots and lots of songs and music and prayers and candles and flowers and presents and lights and decorations and 8 bridesmaids, 8 groomsmen, they even rolled out the white carpet...DANG! Well, the girl that got married is almost 21 years old, and has known the guy she married last night since 1999. Well, they had never so much as KISSED the first time until at the altar following "You may now kiss your bride." And it was obvious. She acted like she didn't even know how to turn her head to kiss, and then afterwards she turned around to look at the audience with this giddy, sheepish, girlish grin, and everyone chuckled.

Do not get me wrong...if you CHOOSE to save yourself until marriage, including your lips, fine...that is a wonderful thing...RARE, but wonderful. But from my understanding, she has lead such an extremely sheltered life, she probably doesn't even know what sex IS.

I cannot pinpoint where, when or how I learned what sex is...it's like somehow I just KNEW. I don't know, maybe I watched too much TV and it all just absorbed into my brain without me realizing it. I'm just thinking...and maybe some or most of you can relate...when I got to be a certain young teenage age, I had natural curiosities and feelings caused by something floating around in my body called hormones. Not only THAT, but when I started giving in to certain things like kissing boys and other such things, I already had an idea what sex was. And it didn't matter how much my parents tried to shelter me, I still found out about things from many other sources.

Not only THAT, but when I was in my first and only SERIOUS relationship (before I met Michael), we were together 3 years, and it took me a LONG TIME to get over a certain amount of shyness. Yeah, I admit, I was a bad girl...but it's not like the first time we kissed, I felt brave enough to hop in the sack with him...not by ANY means!!! I wasn't THAT bad! So I'm thinking, if last night at the wedding altar was the first time they ever kissed, will it take like months before she gets up enough guts to have sex, and that being once her new husband has to explain to her what all it involves? Does she KNOW where babies come from?

It's just such a thought provoking question.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home