Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

4.20.2004

FINALLY, peace and quiet! For the moment anyway. Some quiet is better than no quiet, I guess.

We had a great time at the lake, as usual. Time goes by so slowly when we're there, and we did so much, and slept a lot, too! We were only there from Friday night to Sunday afternoon, and it felt like we were there for a week or something. We take a trip anywhere else, and we need a vacation from a vacation. We go THERE, and we feel rested. Isn't that the whole idea of "getting away from it all"?

Anyway, it's really bad when you fall madly in love with a person that does not even exist...or does he? I haven't blogged about my weird dreams lately, but this one hasn't left my mind all day. I dreamed that I was downtown Memphis, in the morning, and it was raining. In the dream it was as if I was actually VISITING Memphis as if I was not living anywhere around here anymore. (Isn't it odd how you can perceive things like that in a dream without anyone having to say anything to you about it in the dream?) So anyway, I was standing in the lobby of a big downtown building, waiting for someone, and this man came running up to me and I ran into his arms and he held me for what seemed like forever. He was about my height, had short, dark brown hair, lots of gel in it or something, a 4 o'clock shadow (in the morning?) and wore a gray trench coat. Then he asked me not to leave and to marry him. I hugged him again and then I woke up. What's so strange about the dream is that while I was holding onto him, I knew at that moment that I needed to be with him for the rest of my life, I desperately had to be with him, and it just couldn't be any other way. I've been thinking about the guy all day, off and on. I don't know why I dream dreams like that, but it was the most desperate feeling I've ever felt.

In OTHER news, I finally got an appointment with the Neurologist set up yesterday. I finally had to DEMAND to speak to the scheduling person, after the rude receptionist at Memphis Children's Clinic kept giving me the run around. I mean, seriously, how many more WEEKS did she even THINK I'd believe her when she said "We will call you back this afternoon" or "You'll hear something back tomorrow." What is this, a test? I mean, Jacob's pediatrician didn't say he needed to be seen by a neurologist for NO REASON! So anyway, the appointment is set up for next Tuesday, April 27 at 2, with some Muhammad fellow, downtown. That's the day before my birthday.

Speaking of birthdays. my mom is having mine and my Dad's birthday party this Saturday night at their house. She always says "It's nothing special, blah, blah, blah," but to ME, a card, a present, a cake, and a dinner is pretty darn special to ME! So backing up to the "present" part, if you want to send me a card with check, cashiers, or money order made out to Candice Brewer, e-mail me at Booberry617@aol.com for my mailing address. I also accept any denomination of cash, even bills OVER $20...now THAT'S something you won't get at McDonald's!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home