Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

3.11.2004

Travis decided he wanted to get up at 6:40 a.m., so guess who had to get up with him? I'll give you two guesses, and I'll give you a hint...it wasn't Michael. So yeah, I'm up waaaay too early this morning. :::YAWN::: We're taking Travis to see Dora the Explore Live today, and we've been telling him about it all week, so I dunno, maybe Travis was too excited to sleep? Sesame Street Live is coming to the Desoto Civic Center some time later in the year, too, so we'll definitely have to take Travis to that, too. I love taking Travis to do stuff like that.

Last night I fell asleep on the couch watching TV, as usual, and I got woke up sometime after midnight by Jacob screaming. I never could figure out what was wrong with him. The only things I could deduce were either his teeth/gums were bothering him, or he was simply hungry. So I made him a bottle, gave it to him, and he went back to sleep. It's just worries me when he SCREAMS in pain like that. I will be glad when our CHIPS (insurance stuff) FINALLY comes back so I can get Jacob to the doctor. He hasn't even been to the doctor for anything since December. We just can't afford to go right now unless the kids are really sick. Office visits are $70 a pop per child, which doesn't even include if any labs or other tests are needed, not to mention the cost of prescriptions. With CHIPS (which is provided through the state), office visits are a $5 co-pay and prescriptions are free. I've got to get the little guy caught up on his shots, too.

OHH and speaking of the little guy, Jacob got up on all fours last night!!!! This is the first time we'd ever seen him do this. I was so amazed, and it was so cute because you could tell he was proud of himself because he started smiling and laughing every time he'd push up onto all fours! :-) So I put his favorite toy out in front of Jacob to see if he'd attempt to go for it, but then he tried to roll to get to it, lol. He had to realize that if he rolled, he'd go sideways, and not forwards where the toy was. My boys were both slow to crawl, though. Several of my mommy friends' babies that are younger than Jacob are already crawling and even trying to pull up on furniture. But my babies always cut their teeth earlier in life, while those babies I just mentioned have maybe 2 teeth at the most. It's just amazing to me how each baby reaches each developmental stage at different ages. But it won't be long now until Jacob is mobile...then he'll be able to chase Travis :-)

We need to leave the house by 9 so we can stop at the Tax Collector's office to pick up my personalized car tag, have time to drop Jacob off, and be at the Orpheum before 10:30, so I need to start getting ready to get out the door. TTFN!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home