Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

3.04.2004

Rant of the Week



It's amazing how things come full circle after awhile and slap you in the face while they're at it. Now I understand 100% why when I sold Premier, and also Mary Kay, that women I came in contact with didn't want to have a so-called "party". If you have a "party", you are responsible for making sure everyone you know comes, and you have to keep them happy while they're at your house. Keeping them happy is not the hard part though, it's getting them there. You practically have to beg your family and friends within an inch of their life to show up, seriously! And people don't like to feel obligated to come over and be coaxed into spending money. I mean, generally speaking, if you can go to these parties and have money to spend, it can be fun. You play little games, eat cookies and chit chat with everybody there. But what about if you have small kids, don't have a sitter, and have to take your kids with you? And you literally have $9 in the bank 'til next pay day and can't buy something you see that you really, really want? How is that fun? How is that a "Girl's Night Out"? I mean, seriously? My sister-in-law wants really bad for me to come, and she told me to bring the kids. And Michael is all like "It'll do you good to go." What does THAT mean? First of all, if I see a bazillion things I want and have no money to buy anything, THAT is not fun...that is DEPRESSING. Second of all, Jacob still has his little "problem" from yesterday and is EXTREMELY fussy non-stop. Someone tell me what is fun about going to a "party" with my sick baby, having to stop every 5 minutes to change his diaper, and PLUS I can't buy anything? I'd rather sit at home with a fussy baby, watch "Friends", and not be tempted to whip out my credit card at the urge to buy $50 worth of jewelry I don't need anyway. But if I don't come, she's going to get her feelings hurt really easily and think I hate her and think that I don't want her to have anything to do with my kids. But this is not the case AT ALL! I have a sick baby and I have no money. She even said she'd take care of Jacob for me while we're there. It's like HER party and I would really hate for her to be consumed by my baby while her party is going on. That just wouldn't be fair to her or anyone else that's there...SHE is the hostess! If she wants to see the kids that badly, I have NO problem whatsoever if she wants to come by and visit us sometime, so why can't she do that? We are here all the time. Well, Michael answered this question by saying that his sister has more stuff to do than I do and I just sit at home all day. What does THAT mean?!?! I don't know who spread that lie...I DO NOT SIT at home all day! I AM at home all day, but generally speaking, I do not SIT except long enough to write stuff like this!!! Okay, so she has a part-time office job with her church. How does that add up to her having more to do than me? She has 2 kids at home, too, but they are much, much older, fully potty-trained, able to feed themselves, bathe themselves, and get themselves in and out of a car. It's a HUGE chore to get myself and both kids dressed and loaded in the car than for her to just cruise down here when she's got a spare minute. I'm not saying she's not busy and that she doesn't have a family to take care of....I'm just saying it's a good bit more difficult for me to make the effort to get out the door, so why isn't this taken into consideration? I've ALWAYS made the effort to go to anything and everything she's ever had at her house. The only other event I think of that I missed at her house was a candle party, and that was because I was sick and pregnant and just got off work and couldn't lift a finger without getting some sleep, but I did call her and order something to make up for my absence. This time, I have a sick baby and no money to order anything to make up for my absence. So why am I made out to be the bad guy here for not being able to make it? Can somebody answer this for me, please?!?!?!?!?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home