Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

3.04.2004

Random Thoughts for Thursday, 3/4



1. I can't believe I forgot to mention yesterday that Jacob turned 9 months old.

2. Just as an update, I went to the jewelry party. Jacob did fine, actually. He got passed around like playing hot potato, Travis went upstairs and played with his cousins, and I didn't buy anything. Everyone that was there were folks I used to go to church with, not even 2 years ago, and only 2 of those people even acted like they remembered me. Maybe it was the haircut? Michael said maybe it's the weight I've lossed...but I haven't lost THAT much weight. So I ended up going upstairs where the kids were and played a game of Rummy with them. That was LOADS more fun....it had been 10 years since I'd played that game, I swear! But then, heh, as I was leaving, I backed into the mailbox. Yes, I can hear you laughing. I wasn't laughing. I was more like crying!!! Not for my vehicle, but for the mailbox. I practically uprooted it!!! Wanda's husband had to back his truck out of the driveway to let me out when I was ready to leave, and he didn't even see any of this happen while he waited out in the street for me to leave. See, her driveway is on a really steep hill, and I was parked at the top of it, and when I backed out, I thought I could go straight down. WRONG!!! There is a slight curve to the driveway, and well, I didn't see the curve, nor did I see the mailbox that was about to see its life flash before its eyes. I was SO FREAKIN' EMBARASSED, and all Steve (Wanda's husband) could say was "It's okay, It's okay!" What a perfectly wonderful ending to a perfectly wonderful evening...OR NOT!!!!!! Travis is STILL saying "Broke car!" Nope, not a good night.

3. Do not bring Popeye's Chicken home unless you intend to divide your 3-piece meal amongst the rest of the household.

4. I am supposed to clean my mom's house tomorrow, bright and early...lovely, just lovely...but at least I'll make some money so I can pay Terri for my Avon ;-)

5. It's supposed to storm tonight, possibly severe, maybe some tornaders. Yes, I said tornaders. Okay, I'm scared now.

6. It's the last week of regular season college basketball. Why do good things always have to come to an end? ::SNIFF::

7. We are babysitting, er, dogsitting Michael's parents' dog while they are in Cancun. This dog is 5 pounds of fury and fluff.

8. Only 158 days 'til Destin!!!!!!!

9. No matter how many hours I spend trying or how much money I spend on hair products, NOTHING will make my hair stay straight on a day like today. If the bottle says "Keeps hair straight and smooth until your next Shampoo", it's LYING, LYING, LYING!!!! It will go wavy at BEST. If I could discover the secret to a humidity-proof hair goo, I'd be filthy rich!!!!!!!

10. Only 55 days 'til I turn the big 2-4.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home