Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

2.11.2004

Where to begin...


Well, I had another freakish dream last night, but I'll get to that in a minute.

Yesterday Michael called into WMC 790 (a sports talk station, in case you didn't know) and they were playing a game called "Name that Mascot". Basically for each contestant that called in, he would name a college and you had to name off the mascot. Well, the first one was really easy, and then the 2nd was a little harder, and the 3rd one was usually a real stumper. So anyway, Michael called in, and I can't even remember what the first one was they asked him, but he got it right. The second one was Samford. Well, the Tigers played them earlier in the season, and even still, Michael went completely blank, lol. So then he had ME call in. I got through, and first he asked me Louisville, which is a no-brainer...the Cardinals. Then he asked me Gonzaga. I had to think about that one for a few seconds, but they are the Bulldogs. And the 3rd one was Yale. I had no friggin' clue who Yale was, but MICHAEL knew, and THEY are the Bulldogs, too! There had been like a bazillion callers before me that didn't get all 3 correct, and Forrest (the broadcaster guy) was like "I knew it would take a woman to finally get 'em all right!" lol. Now THIS is what I won, which is freaking cool, IMO:

1.) A dinner for 2 to Prime Ministers, which is Shane Battier's (one of the Memphis Grizzlies) restaurant downtown on Main. VERY PRICEY.

2.) A $25 gift certificate to the Pamper Parlor. WHOO HOO, baby, I'm getting a pedicure! YES!

3.) A $25 gift certificate to Sound Wave, which is some car stereo place.

Now that 3rd one I might just give away to someone who's in the market for some car stereo junk, but those first 2 things I'm highly excited about. That's only the 2nd time I've won anything on the radio.

In other news, the Tigers play ECU tonight AT ECU. Now ECU doesn't have a record to write home about, but I hear their fans are pretty passionate, so I'm still crossing my fingers. It would suck to end our winning streak to THEM. We are #27 in the nation right now, ALMOST about to break the Top 25, and what a bummer it would be to fall backwards instead of breaking into at least #25 when the rankings come out again next week.

Okay, now this dream I had last night. If I don't get up immediately and tell about it, some of the details start to leave me. But basically, I was at this wedding. It was an outdoor wedding, kind of under this big porch/patio type thing. The groom was holding a microphone, singing a mushy love song to his bride. Well, this guy was REALLY HOT, not to mention he could REALLY sing, but his bride was....old enough to be his grandmother!!! After the groom finished his song, 3 or 4 couples started slow dancing to music playing in the background, and I went up to Michael where he was talking to a friend of his, and asked him if he wanted to dance. Michael's friend was sitting down and he looked up at me and said "Dancing is wrong," to which I replied, "Even between two people that are married?" and he said "Yes." So I just walked off and I propped myself up against a brick wall, and on the other side of the brick wall were some stairs, and there were these two women trying to get down the stairs, carrying a casket!?!?! I was thinking to myself, "Oh great, they put a wedding hall right next door to a funeral home. Geez." Then I walked over to the other side of the porch and one of my nieces on Michael's side of the family that I've only met a handful of times asked me if I was going to UCLA with them after the wedding. UCLA? LOL. She informed me that like the whole family was going, and then I realized at that point in the dream that we were at a wedding in Arizona just then. And then I told her, "I guess I'm heading back home because I wasn't invited to go to UCLA." So then all of the sudden, I'm getting out of my Xterra in my parents' house driveway. I'm by myself, no one else is home, and I unlock the door and go into the house. I just sat there, all depressed, because I wanted to go to UCLA and everyone else was gone. Then I realized it was time to get ready for school. So then all of the sudden I'm sitting in my 6th grade classroom, in the back of the room, in one of those little wooden desks, and the teacher has all of this work written on the chalkboard. I'm just sitting there in class, goofing off, chewing gum and writing notes to my friends, and the teacher looks up from her desk and says to me "Get busy! There's lots of work to do!" Seems like it was a history class. Then the bell rang, except it was not when the bell was supposed to ring, and out in the hallway was a flock of students, running out the door. I stood up and shouted "Let's storm the hallway!" So we all ran out, too, and then the teacher ran out and shouted "Everyone is getting arrested and going to jail for this!" and then I woke up.

I told Michael when I got up this morning I'm going to become an insomniac because these dreams are driving me nuts!

Better run...Jacob is waking up!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home