Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

2.17.2004

Maybe today will be better


I felt really yucky last night. I started feeling this tightness in my chest, and coughing, and light headed. So after I put Jacob to bed around 8 last night, I got in bed with the remote and made Travis get in the bed with me and watch TV. I hope I'm not getting bronchitis. That is ALL I need! How the heck am I supposed to take care of my kids and stay in bed and get well? It's not like Michael can just take a couple days off work, and even if he did, the house would just get more and more trashed than if he just stayed gone, and then I'd have to look at it all, get depressed, and it would take me 2 weeks to clean the house thoroughly again. I am just going to have to tell myself "I'm not getting sick, I'm not getting sick, I'm not getting sick." Once I got up and stirred around for a little bit, I didn't feel as bad as I felt last night, but I'm definiltey not at 100% either. And last night while I was walking beside the bed, about the crawl in, this SHARP OBJECT freaking went through my sock AND MY FOOT!!! The first thing that came to mind was "WTF?!?!?!" and I looked down and it was a freaking sewing needle!!!!!!!!!! How did THAT get there, and more importantly, I had to get it OUT OF MY FOOT!!!!!! It went in like on the under side of my toe right next to my big toe, and came out on the other side right next to my big toe. It went in at this funky angle and after I pulled the needle out, I nearly fainted on the bed. After a minute, I pulled my sock off, scared as to what I might see or that my sock might be full of blood, but what was weird is that it only left a tiny hole on the underside of my foot where it went in, it didn't bleed or anything. What's really scary is that Travis had been standing there beside the bed, the whole time, jumping up and down while watching TV. So I'm glad I stepped on it, and not Travis, but OWWW!! I don't even like thinking about it!!!

The Memphis v. UAB game is Saturday at 6 p.m., and if I'm not hacking up lungs, I'll be there. We are able to get student guest tickets for $10 each from someone we know on the message board, so it's all good. We've got 2 other people going with us, so it should be fun. What's funny is that it's all guys that are going, so Michael says I can "be one of the guys", and I'm not sure if I want to "be one of the guys", lol. I asked Michael, "You sure you want me to go?" and he was like "OF COURSE I want you to go! You can't miss this!" So that's good. I don't know, I guess I was worried that he might be thinking I should stay home so it could be a "guy thing", but apparently not ALL guys have that mindset. He is happy that I'm going and I'm happy that he wants me to go. Besides, I'm a bigger fan than those other guys that will be going, so they can either GET OVER IT that I'm going or they can keep their butts at home and watch the game on TV!!!!!!

Travis is almost potty trained!!!!! I am so EXCITED! It just happened like overnight or something. He used his potty ALL DAY yesterday and didn't have any accidents until last night before bedtime, and that was only because he didn't make it to his potty in time, lol. He is really super smart because he moved his little stepping stool in the bathroom over to near the light switch. Every time he had to go yesterday, he walked to the bathroom, stepped on his stool, turned the light on himself, stepped off the stool, sat on his potty, did his business, and said "Mama, come look!" every time, lol, and then he'd pull up his underwear (TRY to anyways, I had to help him a little) and then he'd step back onto the stool and turn the light out!! Completely amazing!!! Sometimes he MAKES himself go just so he can get a cookie. He cracks me up! Such a big boy!!!

Michael is coming home early today to work on his algebra. He missed class last week, so we had to get caught up on the homework from the week before to make sure he understood that before moving on to chapter 3. Section 1 and 2 of Ch. 3 was covered in the class he missed, so I started showing him Sunday afternoon how to do it, and then he worked some of the problems at work yesterday and got through 3.1. Now today before he goes to class, I have to make sure he understands 3.2 because if he can't get it, he will be lost from here on out. Michael is having trouble understanding that you have to be sure you know what you just learned in order to go onto the next thing to know what the heck you are doing, and he gets easily frustrated. One thing he did point out though is that I explain it a lot better than his teacher, but I have a tendency to go a little too fast. And he keeps asking "WHY" on different steps, and I have to tell him "You can't ask WHY you do that, this is just the rule and you just do it." That is one thing I learned when taking math...don't ask why, just do it, lol. He's doing equations right now, and I can understand why it's confusing at first...Lord only knows I didn't totally get it at first, either. But he keeps forgetting that when you take one number and move it to the other side of the equals sign, you have to change the sign in front of the number, and he's like "That will make me get the whole problem wrong?" and I'm like "Um, yeah?" I think he will get it eventually, but I hope sooner than later.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home