Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

1.19.2004

Blehhhh


I am sick of being sick, or someone in my household being sick. We've had the flu, we've had strep, we've had plain 'ol colds, but we had not yet been stricken with the dreaded stomach bug until this weekend. I would rather have a cold and be unable to breathe than THIS! So far, Michael has been the fortunate one, but he's inevitably doomed as long as he walks through the door. It's only a matter of time. It's funny, too, well, not really FUNNY...I think the word is PECULIAR...that he is ALWAYS the LAST to get it and almost ALWAYS has more intense symptoms than the rest of us. But it's been noooo fun, to say the least, and I was starting to get dehydrated and the reason I know this is because I could actually get my wedding ring off, lol. I THINK I am at the end of it, but today I just feel so WEAK. I should probably eat something, but I'm pretty scared to. I got the house looking all nice this past week, and over the weekend it got transformed into looking like a tornado hit it. I don't understand why I'm the only one in the house who can pick up after myself?? I mean, Travis picks up his toys when I tell him to, and of course Jacob can't pick up stuff (not that he makes a mess anyway), but Michael...I love him dearly, but dang! I honestly wonder how long he could survive in a house with two kids if there was no one to pick up after him. I've actually thought about making a test run to see how long he can really go without picking up stuff that he deposits on the floor. How long would he let it build up? But my only problem is that *I* would go nutty. Granted, I'm not the most tidy person on the planet, but I do try to keep things picked up and put away when I'm not sick as a dog.

Anyway...not much else going on, other than an update on Michael decision to ditch the Tigers. Michael has decided to stay a Tiger fan, which I must say, I'm quite proud of him for sticking to his roots. He sent me this e-mail last night about it, and though somewhat personal, I wanted to put it on here:

Subj: What can I say? Born a Tiger, I'll die a Tiger...
Date: 1/18/2004 11:23:06 PM Central America Standard Ti

Man, man, man.....what a week it's been. I attempted to convince myself that I was absolutely sick of the Tigers, and sick of the politics and the seemingly neverending hoops you had to jump through to get a decent seat at a basketball game. I attempted to convince myself that if I was gonna continue to be as huge of a fan of college sports as I was, I had better jump on the bandwagon of an SEC team, and since I hated Ole Miss with every fiber of my being, then Mississippi State was THE team to cheer.

But the problem is.......well, what can I say.....I've got the heart of a Tiger, and my blood runs reflex blue and medium gray...(lol)...no matter how much I tried or how hard I could try in the future, I can't change what I am.....and that is a Memphis Tiger. I can't think of anything else that screws with my emotions and makes me love them so much when they win, and hate them so much when they come up just a little short, the way the University of Memphis does to me. I guess that's what being a true, diehard fan is all about.......you love 'em and you hate 'em......but you can't imagine life without 'em.

How in the world am I gonna throw away all the memories me and you have got with the Tigers? Outside of God and church, they've been the biggest thing in our marriage.. (almost sounds pathetic, don't it...LOL) ...they're one of the very few hobbies we share, and I ain't about to get rid of all that now.

Sure, I get so aggravated at the sight of ALL those empty seats, and the absolute lack of student attendance at the games.....but what am I gonna do to change that? I can't do a friggin' thing except be my painted up, beaded up, absolutely insane self at every game I get to go to. :) As far as those tickets we just bought for the MSU game.....apparently, those things will EASILY sell on their message board. That's no problem.....the shirt and hat I bought...I'll definitely hold onto 'em....I got nothing against Mississippi State.....heck, I even like them, and probably always will. I'll cheer for them every chance I get. I'll still wear that stuff......I might even consider myself somewhat of a Bulldog fan......but I AM a Memphis Tiger, and there ain't a thing I can do to change that.

Something you said to me the other day on the phone really stuck with me.....you told me how Travis associates the Tigers with Daddy. Man, that hit me hard........there ain't no way I'm gonna change my son's path now. He's on the way to becoming a huge Tiger fan, and me and you are gonna take our two boys to many, MANY, MANY Tiger football and basketball games over the years, regardless of who they're playing or what conference they're in. I don't care if they're playing the Miami Hurricanes or the SMU Mustangs.....like I said to begin with, I was born a Tiger...I'll die a Tiger.

Oh, and by the way, I noticed that on all three of my next Saturdays off....the Tigers have a home game.....starting with this Saturday against Houston......let's do whatever we gotta do to get to that game. :)

Love you SO much, babygirl
Michael

GO TIGERS GO!!!!


So there ya go! I must say I was feeling uneasy/losing sleep over it all, as crazy as that might sound. And like Michael, I have nothing against State whatsoever...it's just that we're Tiger fans and I can't just turn it off like a switch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home