Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

1.01.2004

2004 is here, 2003 is gone


Well, the new year rang in and we didn't blow up or anything, so we're still here. I never really could figure out why so many people celebrate the coming of a new year. It's always been kind of a sad holiday for me. I mean, what REALLY is so exciting about getting another year older? And watching my babies grow by the second makes me want to cry a river. With that being said, these are the things (not in any particular order) I will remember the most about 2003:

1. The birth of my 2nd son Jacob on June 3.
2. I lost my job.
3. I became a stay-at-home Mom.
4. I started playing piano for church (something I NEVER thought I would do).
5. Michael started back to school.
6. Michael's cousin, Sam.
7. The Memphis Tigers go to a bowl game.
8. Memphis basketball made it into the NCAA tourney (even though they lost in the 1st round).

Those are the things that stick out in my mind at the moment. Maybe I will edit this and add more later.

I helped my Mom take down her Christmas decorations yesterday, and keep in mind, my Mom is truly the most pessimistic person I know. She said she hated taking down the decorations every year because "you never know if you're going to be alive to put them up next year." Like GEEZ! And then she started going on about how scary things are getting in the world. And then I guess that spawned a really scary dream I had last night. I can't really remember a lot of details. All I know is that I was in a big department store, I had Jacob with me, terrorists came in because they were taking over the entire country, they were running around the place with machine guns, some had one in each hand, and they took Jacob from me, and I was curled up in a ball on the floor near the back of the store, not knowing what to do, and expecting to die at any moment. And then I woke up from the dream, or so I thought, and I'm sitting in my mom's kitchen and I ask her "Can another country or group of terrorists REALLY occupy the entire United States and take control of the government?" and her answer was "Sure, countries that have been around longer than this one have been taken over before." And then I woke up for real, and I must say it was very, very hard to go back to sleep after that.

Not sure what I've got going on today. Are any stores open today? Seems like Walmart, Target, and places like that would be open. I may take my new ride out today, might try to look around for some ideas on how I want to decorate the kids' bathroom. Who knows where I'll end up today...I just want to go riding!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home