Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

1.26.2004

#1 Pet Peeve


After this afternoon, I have come to the conclusion of the #1 grand prize winner for my pet peeves...

My sister dropped by after picking her kids up from school. Both Travis and Jacob were asleep, and her two boys came to the front door, being rather loud, and immediately I was like "SHHHHH!!! The kids are asleep!!!" So they got quiet. Thankfully, Travis didn't wake up. Well then both boys asked me if they could "look" at Travis' room. So I said, "Okay, you can go look at it" and my sister added "Don't drag anything out." They did get a few toys out, not that many, but just the fact that they left here without putting them away, and their mother not telling them to put the toys away before they left, just rubbed me the wrong way. Travis is 2 and a half and knows how to pick up toys. These boys are 4 and 6. I mean, if the place was already a pig stye, and toys already strung out everywhere, no big deal, but I DO try to keep things picked up most of the time when Travis isn't playing, which at the time, he wasn't because he was asleep.

And THEN one of the kids (don't know which one) used the bathroom and didn't flush it!!! I didn't even realize this until Michael got home from work an hour or so later, walked back to the bathroom, and then back into the kitchen where I was and asked me what the problem was with the toilet, and I'm like "Huh?" and he told me he figured it was stopped up and I was waiting on him to unstop it, and I'm like "No, I haven't used that toilet since I can't remember when?" And then I remembered my sister telling me how her kids have a bad habit of not flushing. GEEZE!!!!! Travis knows how to freakin' flush and he's not even fully potty trained yet!!! There's a slight chance my sister will read this, but this is my blog, and all of that really bugged me. If me or my kids do something to bug her, and she wants to blog about it, she has every right.


With that said, I feel better getting that off my chest. Gonna go to bed now, I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home