Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

11.13.2003

Okay, I am really p'd off. As you already more than likely know, my plans for the evening are to watch the Tiger's first televised basketball game of the season tonight at 6, and as tradition would have it, we are ordering pizza and sitting in front of the TV and yelling and screaming at the players. (Like they can hear us. See more on this topic below.) Michael apparently did not realize how important it was to me that this be a family event, for just us. A friend called him up this afternoon, and asked if we wanted to come over to their place this evening, since we hadn't had a chance to get together lately. So Michael, knowing that we were planning on watching the game tonight, asked him if he just wanted to come over here. My only problem with this is when we have company over (non-family or people that we haven't been friends with for 20 years, etc.), I can't just sprawl out in the floor and pig out and be myself. Not ONLY that, but it's considered rude to have company over, and be paying attention to a ball game and not what the person is saying. Even if it is unexpected visitors, the polite thing to do is turn the TV off, or at least turn it way down, and then sit and chat and offer them something to drink. So anyway, Michael told him to come over here (I'm assuming just him, and not his wife also), and THEN proceeds to call me and tell me about it. For one thing, I've been doing the abominable all day...LAUNDRY. I haven't been focusing on cleaning today...just getting clothes washed and dried and folded and put away. (I have to be in a mood to do the folding and putting away part.) For another thing, I have been looking forward to this for the past 8 months and would prefer to stuff myself with pizza and pay attention to the game, not be the one entertaining guests. All Michael could say to me at first was, "Don't nobody care about the house" to which I replied "I do!!!" Hmmm, he sure cared about the house last night! (Another story) So after I expressed my p'd off-ish-ness about him telling someone to come over here without even telling me first, he called this friend back and told him I reminded him that we had other plans tonight. But then the friend has to ask WHAT? So Michael has to make up a lie and say "We're going out to eat with her parents." WTF? Why did he have to lie? That just made matters worse, I think. On second thought, why did the friend even have to ask? That's being nosey and that's just rude. I hate nosey people.

I feel better after getting THAT off my chest...

Now onto bigger and better things....tonight's game...

It is FINALLY here. The first televised game of the season. Memphis Tigers v. Wake Forest Deamon Deacons (what a name!). I think the most common prediction I have heard is that Memphis will give them a run for their money, but fall short. I would rather it be that than for Memphis to get skunked all over MSG. At least then we could say "Hey, it was still a good game." BUT, if you remember LAST YEAR, early in the season Memphis won against Syracuse, and Syracuse went on to be the National Champs, baby! So I do not think it's too much of a longshot to say Memphis could very possibly beat Wake Forest tonight. Let's just cross our fingers and say our prayers and CHEER LOUD FOR THE TIGERS! GOOOO TIGERS!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home