Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

11.07.2003

I wrote something today...a poem. What ELSE do I write? If you can tell me what it's talking about (besides the OBVIOUS), I will buy you dinner. Here it is:

Star Gazer
by Candice E. Brewer

Every night I would look up to the sky.
The stars were by the thousands,
But one star stood out the most--
It was the one closest to the moon.

The moon's glow deeply comforted me,
But that one star shone so brightly,
It blinded me from what is real.
The moon's sadness went unnoticed.

I was badly burned by my star,
And the moon still looked down on me.
As I bitterly wept, so did my moon,
Its silver reflection beckoning.

The starlight blankets me with memories.
And takes me back to the new moon.
I had to realize blue stars are powerless
And my star fell into the ocean.


Anyway, I think tonight we were going to see a movie, but then we decided to just go somewhere good to eat and then do some Christmas shopping for the kids. Yay, I am getting out of the house!! The only problem I foresee with that is I am too lazy to get up and get myself and the kids ready to go. I'm not even sure where I want to go eat. Decisions, decisions...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home