Candy.24.Wife.Mommy.Pianist.Drummer.Trying to learn guitar.Poet.Songwriter.

10.31.2003

Today's gripe session is brought to you by Memphis Drivers...They don't know how to drive, they just pretend they know how. :::music rolls:::

So yesterday evening around 6:00 p.m., I'm rolling down I-240. Traffic was flowing pretty good, for once, and all of the sudden, everyone is slowing way down to look at who knows what. There were no wrecks, no construction, no one's bumper falling off, so I have no idea why when drivers reach a certain point on I-240, everyone just slows to like 10 mph. So I end up slamming my breaks and swerve into the righthand lane to avoid rearending the car in front of me, and then the car behind me does same. No wonder there is a wreck, if not more, on I-240 every single day. It's impossible to have morning or afternoon rush hour traffic without at least one wreck on 240. And related to this gripe session, when one raindrop lands on a Memphis driver's windshield, how do they react? "Oh Lawd! It's raining! I don't know how to drive in the rain!" :::swerve::: :::screeching tires::: :::CRASH!:::

In other news, Travis climbed in the bed with us again last night. He kept talking in his sleep, and in his 2-year-old conversation, he sounded like he was getting mad at me. "Mama, NO!" he was saying, and of course, this would wake me up and I asked Travis "What's wrong?" and he was still snoring!!! Geez, my 2-year-old hates me, even in his sleep! I guess I terrorize him so much with my plastic spoon that he has nightmares about me! Around 5:00 this morning, Jacob woke up wanting a bottle, so with one eye open, I stumbled into the kitchen, stepping on one of Travis' booby traps (a strategically placed lego), made a bottle, fed Jacob, put Jacob back to bed, and decided to just lay down on the couch, because I knew if I got back into my bed, in which Travis now sleeps, I would wake him up. At least if I laid down on the couch, I could get a little more sleep. I fell asleep on the couch and was having a really strange dream when suddenly something hit my face. Travis was up and he threw a small plastic bowl at my face! I guess that's his new way of telling me he wants his breakfast. So I got up, poured him some milk, turned on the TV so he could watch Sesame Street, and laid back down and dozed. Shortly after that, Michael was up, getting ready for work, and he fussed at me because he couldn't find any socks in the clothes pile in our bedroom, so I had to get up and find them. It really gripes me that he will just stand there and stare at the pile, as if a sock is going to magically arise from the pile. And it gripes Michael that I never fold the clothes. I'm sorry, but I'm doing good to wash and dry them. Folding clothes is dead last on my to-do list. I detest folding laundry with a passion!!!

If you haven't fallen asleep by now from reading today's entry, I would like your opinion on something. (Just click the Shout Out link below.) I was in my bedroom this morning folding laundry (yes, I finally decided to break down and fold it, lol) and Travis was jumping on the bed (bad, bad boy) and he started playing with the alarm clock radio and turned it on. I was somewhat intrigued by what I was hearing. I don't know if any of you actually listen to Dr. Laura, which I usually don't because she gets on my last nerve, but she actually gave this woman some really good advice! Basically, this woman that called in has a 3-year-old daughter and she is currently not married to the father of the baby, but they are living together. Dr. Laura cracked me up because she referred to this living arrangement as "shackin' up", which that's what my parents would call it, so it's odd to hear someone like Dr. Laura use that terminology. ANYWAY, this particular caller said that her problem is that her boyfriend doesn't want to have a big wedding and that he just wants to go to the justice of the peace and do it that way. The caller wants a big wedding and feels like she would be missing out on something if they just went to a judge to get married. Dr. Laura AGREED with the boyfriend, and added "You [the caller] forfeited your chance to have the big flooflah since you've already been shackin' up with the boyfriend for so long," and the caller said "Yeah, that's what he said" and Dr. Laura replied, "Well, he's right." SO what is YOUR opinion on that? First of all, do you believe it is okay for a couple to live together before marriage? Secondly, if a couple has lived together before marriage, do you think they should still have a big wedding with all the bells and whistles? Or should they just go before a judge to make it legal? In my humble opinion, when I got married, part of the excitement was getting to finally live together for the first time, sharing everything. If you have already experienced all of that before marriage, then all you should do is make it legal via the judge. To me, a wedding ceremony is to celebrate the beginning of your new life together. If you've already been sharing your life together, then what's the point of celebrating it 3 years later? It's called putting the cart before the horse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home